Author Topic: New Scope Mueller Please?  (Read 418 times)

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
New Scope Mueller Please?
« on: February 25, 2008, 06:07:33 PM »
I have a Remington ADL in 7mm mag that I'll be using for hunting. I would like my new scope to match what the caliber is capable of. Perhaps out to 300 yards.

I'd like to go low profile and light as possible without taking away anything from long range performance. What say you? 2-7, 3x9 What objective 33mm, 40mm. Thanks -gary
"In God We Trust - Everyone else keep you hands where I can see them!"

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: New Scope Mueller Please?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 09:09:36 AM »
I've been trying my best to twist Rich's arm on this exact issue for a couple of years now. Every time I speak with him I bring it up again. Maybe if we got up a petition and got a bunch of folks to sign up for it he'd listen.

I think he has actually made some effort in that area but it fell thru on him as I seem to recall from one of our conversations.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 300S+W

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 06:41:39 PM »
                        Hey guys I feel your pain!! Been beating my head against a wall the past month looking for a low range variable scope that's light wt.,w/good eye relief,and fits a long action without all the extension stuff. I planned on spending the full amount I alotted for it,$400+. PBC,I settled on a 1.75-6x32 VXlll Leupold w/hvy plex at 11.3oz and w/3.7"-4.8" eye relief. It also will fit my long action S&W .300 w/o extensions.  If I've found out nothing else about what sells scopes, I know one thing that does BIG,BIGGER,and BIGGEST!!

til later

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 11:44:08 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. I can use all the help I can get on this one. This is the first long action I'm trying to scope.
Any scope, ring, or mount combo would be a lot of help here. I'd like to go with one of the Mueller scopes because I have heard good things about them and there priced right. I don't need top of the line on any of the other componets, but don't want to cheap out. I want the rig to last awhile. Thanks again. -g
"In God We Trust - Everyone else keep you hands where I can see them!"

Offline 300S+W

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 01:09:36 AM »
                      PBC,I don't have any experience with Mueller scopes or have access to any to check out(live in the boonies)so I can't help with the scope decision. Your rifle takes the same bases as mine so here's what I've come up with that allows for alot of the shorter tubed scopes to fit without extensions. 

Weaver bases  (front #35)  (rear #36)
                                                            Leupold rings   Rifleman Vertical Split (med. ht.)

til later