Author Topic: So, why did Oprah endorse Obama ?  (Read 826 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
So, why did Oprah endorse Obama ?
« on: February 24, 2008, 02:01:54 PM »
  I suppose many have heard that Oprah is supposed to be the daughter of a Baptist preacher..so I guess they
  expected Oprah to be a fairly conventional Christian.
   So one wonders, how is it that a conventional Christian would go so far out of their way to endorse someone
   who belongs to a weird, Afro-centric, militant church..or may well be a closet Muslim...

Well; one answer is that Oprah is likely not a Christian at all, but a New Age cultist..

see..    www.crossroad.to/articles2/007/smith-oprah.htm
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline youthpastorjon

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: So, why did Oprah endorse Obama ?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 02:34:44 PM »
A new age cultist huh?   ;D

Or maybe she is just a democrat.  Just a thought

Offline wareagleguy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 02:41:14 PM »
The answer is right in front of you...

He is B L A C K.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 03:02:38 PM »

He is B L A C K.

No doubt in my mind this would be the case. After all, if you asked Oprah specifically point by point Obama's policies & how to implement them, I don't think she could give you any logical info at all.

It is OK if a Black votes for someone just because they are Black, but Racist if a White votes for someone just because they are White & we all know that to be true also.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 05:32:39 PM »
I don't think Oprah got where she is by being stupid. I don't follow (listen to) her but I haven't heard of her falling for any of Al Sharpton's BS nor any of Jesse's tired old crap. 
Given the choice of Obama or Thunder Butt, I might get out the tar brush myself. :D

I do think it's pretty funny to watch the Clinton's rather contrived move to Harlem to garner black support backfire.  I was kinda hoping Dr Condelisa(spl) Rice would run against her

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 12:16:30 AM »
I think we will see a high percentage of blacks voting for Obama just because he is black and a high percentage of women voting for Clinton just because she is a woman.  Most voters are too lazy or apathetic to educate themselves on the candidates and what is at stake and simply vote based on their emotions.  Of course that's not much different than those who vote the party line regardless of who the candidate is.   I know of people who would have cast their vote for Ted Bundy if he ran on their party's ticket.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 01:52:24 AM »
RATINGS !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline magooch

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 03:22:26 AM »
I have to wonder if Oprah agrees with the part of Osama's platform that wants to raise taxes on   wealthy folks.  I hear she's got a couple bucks.  Anyway, if she believes rich people don't pay enough taxes, why the hell wait for some clown to raise taxes on everyone.  Just send in what you think you ought to and leave the rest of us out of it.
Swingem

Offline powderman

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 03:28:36 AM »

He is B L A C K.

YEP. She's no Christian either if she supports a man who supports killing babies as birth control and gay marriage. Part of the dumcrap platform. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 03:54:08 AM »
she spends her money in Africa , which is her choice !
but the schools here need help !

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 03:41:22 PM »
There's plenty of money for our schools but too much of it is wasted by politicians and feel good PC liberals and not enough is spent on educators and education.  Tests and achievments are skewed so the dumbest and most trifling won't "feel bad about themselves" so there is no incentive for the smart kids to try. Tests are supposedly "euro-centric" and biased against folks that have been in this country for 200 years but that is their excuse for failing. Yet first generation boat refugee kids are tearing up the tests and walking off with top honors.  Go figure.  Maybe those boat kids are studying and not playing midnight basketball.
Kinda off topic but anytime I think of schools, I think of what could have been and what is. And we're doing it to ourselves.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 01:38:56 PM »
you are correct but money ain't all ! she could use her show to reveal the poor schools and demand there repair ! 

Offline jhm

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 03:32:01 PM »
People She can travel all around the world, making all those feel good commercials, build a few schools for the poor and beg you for all your spare money and service, doesnt cost her nothing as she writes all pf it off as a business expence, and dont be surprised if she isnt recieving something from the various countrys she is visiting for doing so.   JIM  PS and as far as Obama goes Why ask that question.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 05:12:52 PM »
  Let's face it guys..with the millions she makes, supporting one African school is about like you or I ..buying a kid a candy bar !

I agree with Shootall, in that there are plenty of schools here that need help. Most all schools here need help, even though
   they are getting enough money....they just need help in the form of common sense..
          With her millions of $$$, she could start a real demonstration school that would show the public schools how to do it.

She, instead, goes to Africa and sponsors a school where the kids are abused ( not her direct fault) ; perhaps she could oversee a school in Memphis,
   better than she could one in 'Bumblatoo village' in Africa !

So why go all the way to Africa ? Did Powderman hit the nail on the head ? Does BLACK control her outreaches ?
     Does Africa rate higher than her own country, just as it does with Obama's "church" ?

Is there a pattern developing with both her and Obama ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 09:17:25 PM »
Nothing is gonna change in the schools in the United States until they get support from the PARENTS of the kids going to the schools.  Instead, the schools say you can't wear your gang colours to school and the parents see that as an opportunity to sue the pxxx out of the school for stifling little johnnie's freedom of expression.  Like I said, we're doing it to ourselves.  And school chits and private schools ain't the answer.  That's just another version of white flight which really fixed our social problems. 

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 02:22:19 AM »
Beemman;
  I disagree with the "chits" being a way to sponsor white flight all over again. The  education will be essentially free ed..just like the govt schools, without regard to
  race or ethnicity..and the school buses already running would provide transportation..as they do now.
    Since most Christian schools charge $2,000-$3,000 for a year's tuition and private schools a bit more, while the govt schools claim $10,000-$15,000 per student, there would be a great saving of tax monies, to boot !
   Make those wasteful govt schools COMPETE..competition improves anything !

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 03:09:48 AM »
Beemman;
  I disagree with the "chits" being a way to sponsor white flight all over again. The  education will be essentially free ed..just like the govt schools, without regard to
  race or ethnicity..and the school buses already running would provide transportation..as they do now.
    Since most Christian schools charge $2,000-$3,000 for a year's tuition and private schools a bit more, while the govt schools claim $10,000-$15,000 per student, there would be a great saving of tax monies, to boot !
   Make those wasteful govt schools COMPETE..competition improves anything !

You know I think you have a very valid point here.  A bit more or lot more educational competition would be a good thing to happen to public schools and costs associated with them.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.