Author Topic: New forum.. Lets see some pics of your knight muzzleloaders  (Read 4554 times)

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
New forum.. Lets see some pics of your knight muzzleloaders
« on: November 23, 2007, 12:13:48 PM »
I will have some up soon of mine and some i used to have.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline 30-06man

Re: New forum.. Lets see some pics of your knight muzzleloaders
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 05:19:46 PM »
Well I went to get some pics and my digital camera wouldn't turn on and it had fog behind the lens. So I can't get them up. I can get some stock pics and just tell about them. My 2 knights are the Knight Bighorn with a Bushnell sportsman that shoots 2 inches at 100 yards with 100 grains of pyrodex and a 250 grain sabot. And my other is another knight Bighorn with no scope that i bought because it was $50 in good shape. I plan to put a scope on it and get the barrel cut down to make it a good brush gun.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline jjenkins

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 11:19:18 AM »
my disc extreme 45 cal  with a nikon buckmaster 4.5 x 14 x 40 side focus scope

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 03:37:32 PM »
How does it shoot?

Rick

Offline jjenkins

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 10:24:25 AM »
still working on getting it dialed in. i have shot it with 200 grain hornady SST and it did well (2 inch @ 100 yards) i need to tweek the powder charge . i was shooting 80 weighed grains of t-7 2ffg. also shot it with some 200 grain xtp with 100 grain by volume clean shot powder. this load hit 3 inches higher and 1 inch left of what the SST was doing. going to try some Barnes expander's soon. the t-7 powder leaves a nasty crud ring but the clean shot left no crud ring even after 8 shots with out running a patch down the barrel. hope to shoot some more this weekend

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 11:41:13 AM »
My encore loves 100grains of t7 and a 195 grain powerbelt areo tip. I have wanted to try the new platinums. Why don't you try that. Also my encore is a 45cal and both of my knights are 50's.

Rick

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 02:24:37 PM »
I've got a .50 Disc Elite with a Nikon Omega 3-9 on it, it will cut one hole at 75yds with several different loads, and does almost as good at 100.  Just picked up a KRB7 Rolling Block about a month ago.  Haven't had much time to play with it yet.  I've got an Omega scope on it too.  The barrel on the KRB is much tighter at the muzzle than the Elite, so tight that I can't hardly load any sabots in it.  Once it's past the muzzle about 2" or so, it slids right home.  I may have to check out PowerBelts or some other conicals in it.  I like the rifle quite a bit, it handles great and feels good.  Trigger is pretty good too.

Offline jjenkins

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 02:31:58 PM »
i have had a lot of bad luck with power belt bullets. real poor blood trails i agree they shoot some of the best groups i have seen. i am not going to shoot any hogs with them. i shot a doe with a 348 grain power belt out of my t/c system 1 54 cal. @ 70 yards she was broadside i put it right behind the shoulder. went to spot where she was standing and found blood trail quit after 40 yards and i never did find her i looked for an hour. only luck i have had with them is shoot thru the shoulders

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 02:42:22 PM »
Yeah, I've heard a lot of horror stories about PB's.  If I have to use them, I'll go heavy.  I think that I'd rather shoot a regular conical instead though.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 03:24:19 PM »
Don't use a magnum load with them and if you can try out the hollow points, Powerbelt makes on of the best. Have you tried the super glides that t/c makes. They suck in most peoples encores but it might work in a knight.

Rick

Offline Vic49

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 10:58:32 PM »
Here is three of my favorites. Love the fit and feel of the ole MK-85's

And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Thomas Jefferson
Handi rifles
Knight, T/C and CVA Muzzleloaders
Bowtech and Diamond bows

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 06:05:40 AM »
Nice. I really like the lam stocks. It makes the knights look like a more expensive gun than it really is. They are setting standards for fit and finish I believe.

Rick

Offline slayer

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 08:31:26 AM »
I took this in on a trade about a year ago. I think it is an LK-93? Very good shape, hardly shot. The only thing about Knights that bothers me a little is the double safety, other than that it is very well made.

Jack

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 08:39:40 AM »
I believe that is a LK-93.  I hope they don't sell out to a larger company like NEF did.

Rick

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 09:35:13 AM »
I believe that is a LK-93.  I hope they don't sell out to a larger company like NEF did.

Knight sold out back in 1998 to EBSCO (Elton B. Stephens Company).

http://www.ebscoind.com/industries/groups-op-pob_kr.asp
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 09:52:03 AM »
At least they have interest in Knight. I must have missed something.

Rick

Offline Underclocked

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 09:03:57 AM »

KP1
WHUT?

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 10:33:25 AM »
Extremely nice setup. Any idea on when you will get another barrel?

Rick

Offline Underclocked

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 01:41:49 PM »
No - I need to shoot this one some more when conditions are better suited for me and the rifle.  The shooting results in my review are the result of conditions that were neither -  more a torture test than not.   I know the rifle will do better and I've added a thin shim inside the rear ring (above the recoil lug) that I believe will allow a zero more near the center of the scope's adjustments. 

I'm strictly a muzzleloader guy these days, so I may not ever buy an additional barrel.   Paid more for the KP1 than I would have the KRB7, but the aesthetics of the KP1 are more appealing to me and I HAD to have one.    ;D  The KRB7 is proving to be a very accurate model by all reports.  I think Knight has a couple of winners on their hands.   The rumor mill has yet another (Shadow) that will probably be introduced at SHOT.
WHUT?

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 02:12:07 PM »
Keep us informed in you find out anything new.

Rick

Offline foo

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 09:48:47 AM »
Just a pic of this years Ohio Meigs county deer, and my old lk-93. I believe a bought this 8 or 9 years ago for under $100 it never has failed me.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 10:00:06 AM »
Nice Buck and ML.

Rick

Offline roger460xvr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 04:31:29 PM »
Here's a LK-93     and a 9pt.  ROGER

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 11:24:50 AM »
Chocolate Antlers. I have only taken one with them and its a 8pt but scores at 120.

Rick

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 04:04:00 PM »
Here's my Wolverine

"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 04:49:59 PM »
Looks good. I am buying a used LK-93 tomorrow. I found one in good shape and a cheap scope for $50. I am going to have it as a loner ML. I don't really like lending out my other ML's to beginners and this would be a good model to start them out on and it won't hurt my wallet that bad.

Rick

Offline O44

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
  • TRADED HER FOR A HAWKIN GUN!!
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 05:01:14 AM »
Was wondering other than the hollowed out stock what the differance between a LK 93 and a wolverine are I have an old 54 cal LK

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2008, 02:48:37 PM »
Not too sure. I missed out on the LK93 deal due to it being sold behind my back. My experience with the LK93 is very limited.

Rick