Author Topic: Only in Russia - Part II  (Read 970 times)

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
Only in Russia - Part II
« on: March 12, 2008, 06:30:16 AM »
The only in Russia pictures reminded me of this:
In the late 90s my wife was working for Raytheon Aircraft. She was called into a meeting. The meeting concerned a Raytheon Biz jet that was configured as a cargo jet and had been leased to the Russians. The Russians had used the the jet to fly a prized breeding cow back to Russian from I don't know where. While at cruising altitude over the Sea of Japan toward Russia the cow got loose and they were unable to gain control of it. With the weight of the cow moving around in the jet the pilots were fighting to keep control of the jet. They managed to bring the plane down to under 12,000 feet and opened the door and managed to push the cow out. The crew were able to safely land the plane. It turned out that the falling cow hit a small Japanese fishing boat which resulted in heavy damage to the boat and almost  sunk it. Raytheon obtained a FAA waiver to fly the plane back to Wichita. After further inspection the plane was declared non-airworthy due to over stress damage. 
Guzzijohn

Offline hillbill

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Only in Russia - Part II
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 02:36:47 PM »
thats funny, the cow had prob been in the US and didnt want to return to its old way of life in Russia.cant say that i blame it. guarantee those japs ate that cow and it was the best meat they ever had.

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 05:21:25 PM »
Those pilots didn't know nothing.  All they had to do was dive in a parabolic curve for 30 seconds, then the crew could crawl back to secure the now weightless cow (and crew).

I have to admit though, launching a cow into a boat from 12,000 feet is a pretty good shot, whether intended or not.  If we need some bombardiers, I vote for these guys.

Offline dakotashooter2

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 09:42:21 AM »
And to think we are dropping bombs at several 100K a pop. ::)
Just another worthless opinion!!