Author Topic: Che Guevara tutorial  (Read 317 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Che Guevara tutorial
« on: February 25, 2008, 04:25:32 AM »
I'm seeing Che Guevara presented as a pop icon and folk hero lately and thought I'd set the record straight here:
1) Guevara was Fidel Castro's chief executioner and is personally responsible for the murders of thousands of people, including children.

2) Guevara had one wall of his office removed and replaced with a picture window so he could watch the firing squad at his leisure.

3) Guevara had no significant military experience, and any claims that he was a skillful warrior are patently false. The one winning battle he was involved in was won without any leadership or even involvement from Guevara.

4) Guevara surrendered immediately when challenged by counterrevolutionary soldiers. The surrender was in the context of an utter capitulation that gave Guevara the lasting reputation as a coward.

So next time you see some stupid kid (or adult) wearing a Che t-shirt or tattoo, you may want to reflect on how this is similar to the 1970s habit of punk rockers who wore swastikas.

Some day the truth will be widely known about the atrocities of Guevara and Castro, but for now all we can do is wait and continue to order Che Guevara toilet paper so we can continue to honor the man as he deserves to be honored.

Safety first

Offline alsaqr

Re: Che Guevara tutorial
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 01:07:12 PM »
"4) Guevara surrendered immediately when challenged by counterrevolutionary soldiers."

Yes, he did.  Guevara was slightly wounded when captured by Bolivian troops.  He talked with a contract CIA agent, Felix Rodriguez, before he was shot.   

Che Guevara was a communist scumbag and a terrorist.    How anyone can wear a T-shirt with his likeness is beyond me. 

Offline Elijah Gunn

• A Real Regular
Re: Che Guevara tutorial
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 12:56:51 PM »
alsaqr,  I think people wear the Che T-shirts for one of two reasons.
1. They are committed commies who want to honor Che.
2. They are completely ignorant of who Che really is ,but think the picture looks cool.
Regards, Mark
What will you say on Judgement Day?

The BANKERS win every war.

When gardening for food is outlawed, I'll BE an outlaw.