Author Topic: peep sight for Rossi??  (Read 1130 times)

Offline czvz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
peep sight for Rossi??
« on: March 02, 2008, 03:32:00 AM »
I got a good deal on a Rossi 7.62x39 and I would like to put a rear aperature no gunsmith rearsight on it.  I have looked in under the FAQ and saw some that work on Handis.  Will these same models work on a Rossi?  Do they attach to the rear scope base screw holes?
I see the exhisting rear sight on the Rossi is a cheesy dove tail groove, are there atermarkets that fit the dovetail?  I would prefer to have one that mounted to the scope base screw holes for a longer sight radius.  Any recommendations?...other than selling the Rossi and buying a Hadi  would be greatly appreciated?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: peep sight for Rossi??
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 03:39:34 AM »
Simple and easy, buy whatever rear peep sight you want, but perhaps the cheapest and best for the money is the Williams receiver peep sight for the Buff Classic from H&R for about $18.00 (more if you buy it from Williams direct!!) Use one of the rear scope rail screw holes 9 the furthest back might be the best) and if the second hole does not match up have a gunsmith drill and tap one additional hole to match that sight. If you ever take the sight off and mount a scope rail the hole will be covered, if it shows you can put a plug screw in the hole or leave it as it is, no problem with that at all...good luck....<><....:)

"The Williams WGRS peep sight is available direct from H&R for $18.95(2005 price) part number R03019."
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Steve in Michigan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: peep sight for Rossi??
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 04:23:44 AM »
I asked about this in an earlier thread. The hole pattern for the scope mount holes is the same as a TC Contender, so I believe that any aperature sight that fits the TC will fit the Rossi. The only problem that I can see is that the front sight may not be high enough to work with the peep sight.

See my thread "Several Rossi Questions" down the page