Author Topic: Winchester 1300  (Read 730 times)

Offline wolfboy

• Trade Count: (0)
Winchester 1300
« on: February 16, 2008, 02:05:34 AM »
Anyone have a winchester 1300 fully rifled shotgun?  what loads work well?

Offline od green

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Winchester 1300
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 03:20:11 AM »
I have the 1300 ranger model bought new in 1997 and it is sort of okay . It originally came with a smooth bore but i bought a win rifled barrel for it, mine used to like the win 2 3/4 BRI but now i shoot lightfields really well. I've taken quite a few deer with it, The problems i had with it is the horrible trigger pull and as of late no one has came up with a fix. My smith won't touch it and can only clean it up which helps some, the temporary fix i use is the E-Z pull trigger assist and that is only for sighting in purposes as it was to hard to get used to and would probably be to dangerous for me to hunt with. The hard trigger pull is very and will effect your groups when sighting in but when you are afield hunting you won't notice it. A member in our hunting club bought a newer version of the 1300 speed pump before win went out of business and has the same problem. Sorry for the long post but its my honest opinion. Other than that i do like the gun and will keep it. Hopefully some one comes up with a fix.   

Offline vanbuzen9

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Winchester 1300
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 11:14:13 AM »
I've had one for about 10 years now.  I got the combo that came with both a rifled and smoothbore barrel.  Mine really likes the winchester partition golds and also the new xp3 slugs.  I can get one to two inch groups at 50 yds with both slugs, with the xp3's shooting a little better.  I put a 1-4x bushnell on mine, and will never go back to iron sights! 

On another note, I have friends that have sold $1000+ slug guns to buy a 1300, after they tried mine.  I like it!

vanbuzen9