Author Topic: Difference in old & new Leica 900  (Read 340 times)

Offline Rockin Double B

• Trade Count: (12)
Difference in old & new Leica 900
« on: June 18, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »
Perhaps some of you can help.  I'm looking for a good quality rangefinder - after weighing the options, brands, and hype - I tested several have narrowed it to the Leica 900.  It seems like Leica recently changed the model 900 as there are still some of the older horizontal models still available new (at good prices) with full factory warranty.  Beside ergonomics, does the old version lack anything the new version has besides cleaner lines and horizontal vs. vertical positioning?  Does the new version have any better technology?  If not, them the old models seem to be a good value.  Thanks so much for any insight.

By the way, isn't this site great?!

Robb

Offline KRP

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Difference in old & new Leica 900
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 06:24:15 AM »
The new model is claimed to be waterproof and the old model was only water resistant.  I bought the old model 1200 when they were discontinued and went on sale, I don't plan on ever submerging it in water.

Offline Trav

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Difference in old & new Leica 900
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 09:38:33 AM »
I can not attest to the old version, but I can tell you that I love the new version.  My boss gave me a little "bonus" the other day of a new Leica 1200.  (ya got to love a boss who understands the importance of a good bonus)  I was playing with it the other day and ranged a small building at 1338 yards.
If God did not intend for us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat???