Author Topic: Mount, Rings or Scope Problem ? ?  (Read 357 times)

Offline HandiAndy

• Trade Count: (0)
Mount, Rings or Scope Problem ? ?
« on: March 05, 2008, 02:12:42 PM »
  Got my new Mueller 4-16x50AO Sport Dot yesterday and got it mounted up on my new NEF Sporster 17HMR.  Only had time to to do a quick zero at 25 yds.  Went out again today and checked it at 100 and was shooting 4.5 MOA right. HMMMM? ? Moved it and it is dead on now at 100.  Check it again at 25 and it's 1.5" left.  I have a scope to bore alignmentt problem? ? ?  I'm using Leupold Rifleman High rings and the NEF supplied base.  Now that it's mounted I see that I could get by with medium rings.  I'm suspect of the rings or possibly the base is not in perfect alignment with the bore ? ? ?  What do you guys think?

Offline Bill In SC

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Mount, Rings or Scope Problem ? ?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 09:36:13 AM »
Andy...

What was the wind doing?  The little bitty .17 can get blown around pretty easy...

Bill

Offline HandiAndy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Mount, Rings or Scope Problem ? ?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 03:20:05 PM »
Winds were calm when I discovered the problem.  I've since changed rings and scopes and nothing I did fixed or changed the problem.  After a call to NEF Customer Support the gun has been shipped back for repair or replacement.  I think I just got lucky and got a bad barrel.  I'll let you know when I get it back in 10-14 days, according to NEF CS.