Author Topic: Quick-Scrub/GunScrubber Question  (Read 785 times)

Offline winman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Quick-Scrub/GunScrubber Question
« on: October 04, 2008, 05:19:23 AM »
This stuff does a good job cleaning my semi-autos and keeping them running but so far I've been taking the grips off before using it. Is this necessary? Will it damage the wood or synthetic grips or stocks on my guns? Thanks.

Offline olsingleshot

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Quick-Scrub/GunScrubber Question
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 05:19:08 AM »
It depends on what material it comes in contact with, From peronal experience I can tell you it took the color out of a Steyr synthetic factory stock. I have heard instances of it melting plastics. I have never had a problem with a wood stock finish but who knows. I still use it after I soak my bore with a solvent and scrub it well with a brush. Then after I use it, I run a couple of clean patches then one with a little oil. Gun Scrubber is a very strong alcohol base that leaves metal dry. Be careful.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 05:27:15 AM »
It's highly toxic stuff not good to get it on anything not metal in my opinion and experience. I love it but sure try to keep it off all non metal surfaces.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline DCRthe3rd

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 05:35:33 AM »
Gun scrubber in the original form can play havoc on some plastics and rubber no doubt , BUT there is a "synthetic safe" gun scrubber on the market in case you did not know, I would still use caution regardless but for what it is worth , I wear latex gloves when cleaning my guns , the original gun scrubber will eat threw those gloves in about 10 seconds , the "synthetic safe" does not seem to eat threw them at all. The original stuff is a bit cheaper and that is what I use when no plastic/rubber contact will be made. If it might contact those things I use the synthetic safe stuff.