Author Topic: FNH or M&P Pistol.  (Read 526 times)

Offline Coalminer7

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
FNH or M&P Pistol.
« on: March 18, 2008, 01:53:42 PM »
Looking to buy my first .40, got it down to these 2.  I hear alot of good about the M&P,but don't know much about the FNH.  Any opinions from experience are welcome.

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: FNH or M&P Pistol.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 06:16:26 AM »
I suspect the "good stuff" you hear about the M&P is mostly from gun writers who are paid to hype any new product. In my opinion it is just an overpriced Sigma/Glock wannabe. Personally, I'd prefer a real Glock.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 04:14:04 PM »
I have a M&P 45...........very good pistol and very accurate.........no problems at all. And, I'm not a gun  writer...........like it better than my Glock 22.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 12:55:27 AM »
Coalminer7:  The S&W is getting good reviews but you cannot go wrong with a FN, period.  Gun Tests tested the new FNH45 (as an example) and right out of the box it ran through 500 rounds of mixed ammo without a hiccup.  The S&Ws also did well, since Smith and Wesson has used a number of ideas from Walther in their semi-autos, and there are a lot of similarities twixt Walther and Browning/FN regarding ergonomics, grip change capabilitiy, sights and style of trigger pull.  None of, or rather neither of these pistols are whatcha call small, they are all full sized. 

So, I suppose that ifin ya wants ta get a 40, you can get one in the same size package as you would find with a 45, if ya want a 40.............

I think the price on the S&W (40 cal) is quite a bit less than that of the FNH (also in 40) but I think the differences in price aren't based on the manufacturer's capability to produce large numbers of firearms, there is a 'quality' aspect involved, even with a 40................................ Mikey.

Offline scout34

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 11:41:24 AM »
I like the .40 M&Pc.  Really nice pistol and I like the interchangable grips.  My wife likes the fit and has moved up to .40 from a .38.

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 12:07:21 PM »
If you have a dealer that you can work with ask them to let you look at the CDNN 2008-1 catalog.  There have some great prices on both pistols and long guns.

My dealer is registered with CDNN and has a copy of his FFL on file with them, he allows me to call my order in, pay for it on my credit card, and have the item delivers to him (since I live in Texas I have to pay tax on the purchase) , when the item arrives at his store, he gives me a call and I pick the gun up from him.  He charges me $10 to transfer it.  If yours will work with you, it will provide a great opportunity to buy at greatly reduced prices.