Author Topic: I guess the Lord takes care of his own!  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Win 73

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
I guess the Lord takes care of his own!
« on: December 17, 2007, 02:21:25 PM »
The pastor of our church went deer hunting last week.  He was walking to his stand.  Before he even got to his stand, he killed two deer, a doe and a six point buck.  He was walking across a field with no cover.  He saw the deer standing looking at him.  He shot the doe but the buck just stood there looking at him.  He watched it for a couple of minutes and decided, why not?  So he shot it.
"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace."  Luke 11:21

Offline Doesniper

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: I guess the Lord takes care of his own!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 06:42:28 PM »
I once shot a doe in heat, being followed by a small buck. The buck stayed and watched me gut the doe, and when I drug her out he followed me. From the time I shot her to the time he left was over an hour. To bad he wasn't bigger.

Offline backstrap

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 08:06:05 AM »
I wouldnt want my hunting season over that fast i like being out in the woods more than say 30 mins or a hour this year i shot my  buck chaseing a does but they where standing, after i shot him she ran a circle to the Northeast of where they where when i shot him and could have shot her she just stood there i had my crosshairs on her and i didnt shoot because i would have been done in the woods gave me more time for hunting ;D ;D
1 shot 1 kill

Offline Win 73

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 06:38:18 PM »
I wouldnt want my hunting season over that fast;D ;D

That is no problem here in Alabama.  The deer season starts in October for bow hunters and in November for gun hunters.  It runs to the end of January.  The limit is two a day, one of which can be a buck.  This past season they did limit us to three bucks for the season.  It is obvious they are trying to get us to shoot more does.
"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace."  Luke 11:21

Offline ihookem

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 11:52:06 AM »
You know win 73 God promises us food and clothes, maybe you pastors was really getting empty!

Offline Win 73

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 03:39:17 PM »
You know win 73 God promises us food and clothes, maybe you pastors was really getting empty!

He usually gets around 8 or 9 deer each year.  They do provide a major portion of his family's meat.