Author Topic: thinking about an OE  (Read 967 times)

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
thinking about an OE
« on: February 23, 2008, 01:58:10 PM »
Hi guys,

I have been here reading a lot and I am impressed with what I hear about the OE.  I have a chance to buy a used one at the local gun shop. It is the black fleck with a 270 and 50 caliber muzzleloader barrel.  It also has the full sized stock and the compact stock.  It belonged to bulzaye from the site. I spoke with him and he assures me it is a shooter.  The gun shop wants 380.00 for it.  I know that is a bit steep but with both stocks both forends and barrels it seems OK to me.  I am thinking it will be fun to play with and I would like a 7-08 barrel for it and sell the 270.  I forgot both barrels have the 1 piece durasight bases and the sights for the muzzleloader barrel.  I think I will go Monday and grab it up.  Thanks guys for all the info you have supplied here to help me make an informed decision. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: thinking about an OE
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 02:15:13 PM »
I don't think you'll be disappointed, I have no plans to sell mine or either of the barrels any time soon.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline bubba

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 02:30:54 PM »
I was checking the midsouth site. They now have the barrels for the optima elites. The 7-08 blued was 185 bucks. Good deal at that price I will keep the 270
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Ol JohnnyBoy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 11:18:23 AM »
let us know how it shoots. good luck

Offline bubba

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 02:51:16 PM »
well when I go tto the gun shop tonight the gu was gone.  It was sold today.  That is ok I had him order me a compact in 7-08 and I will ad the muzzleloader barrel later.

Molon Labe

Offline Ol JohnnyBoy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 05:21:42 PM »
i'm sure you'll like yours. I haven't shot mine yet but it is a compact model 7mm-08. I sure feels good so far though.

Offline bubba

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 03:08:05 PM »
I got the gun tonight.  I cant wait to shoot it.  I have the 7-08 50 caliber and both forends.  I got the one piece bases for it and will get it together tomorrow mount the scopes and bore sight and off to the range this weekend.  I will let you know how it shoots. 

Molon Labe