Author Topic: New Mueller Scope!  (Read 2053 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
New Mueller Scope!
« on: December 15, 2004, 04:10:45 PM »
I just got a new scope, had to share....It's the new 2-7x32 Mueller Multi-shot shotgun/muzzleloader scope. Mounted it on my .30-30 handi-rifle. It's got excellent glass, great resolution and is very bright through out the power range. Edge to edge clarity is crystal clear. The illuminated dot is very fine but the reticle is very course and will work fine on a quick handling rifle for close up work yet still be great for a longer shot with parallax set at 100yds. I expect it will work extremely well for those early and late low light shooting situations. The dot can be used illuminated or black, has 11 settings for any kind of light conditions so as to not be overpowering, yet can be seen well in mixed hunting habitats. I may put it on my 835 turkey gun later cuz it has a circle within the reticle that covers 15" at 40yds on 2x, would be great for turkey hunting as my eyes are having problems trying to focus on one of the 2 rear sights I see when I look over em!  I'll report more on the scope after I get to the range after the holidays and give it a thorough check for tracking and repeatability.

Tim

http://www.muelleroptics.com/products/MU2732IGR.html

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
Re: New Mueller Scope!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 06:01:07 PM »
I had my 2x7 multi on a Browning BLR in 358 but recently sold the rifle. I  planned to put the scope on my standard length commercial Mauser, Santa Barbara I think, chambered for 35 Whelen but the action is just long enough that I can't use the standard Weaver rings the rifle is set up with. I might get away with using the skinny rings that fit on Weaver bases you can get at Walmart. I hate to do that as they seem pretty cheaply made. Any suggestions?
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 06:15:20 PM »
A set of one or two extension rings should work for ya.  ;)

Tim

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=0002949091
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 07:29:21 PM »
Thanks, that ought to do it.  I really like this scope for night hunting feral hogs and any deer hunting. I hated selling the BLR but I just didn't like the magazine design or that it carried on the magazine. I cut the barrel on my Whelen to 19.5 inches and it balances better and though the new load testing isn't over it seems to be a bit more accurate.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.