Author Topic: Minister of Church attended by Obama speaks - Youtube  (Read 540 times)

Offline jmichna

• Trade Count: (0)
Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions.
Understand actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they become character.
Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny.

Offline IOWA DON

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Minister of Church attended by Obama speaks - Youtube
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 12:47:47 PM »
I am a conservative and would never vote for Mr. Obama, but when I heard some of his speech in regard to race and his loyalty to his minister, I was somewhat impressed. He sounded more honest and blunt than political, although I disagree with some of what he said. The point was that he, a black man, seems to feel it is OK to discuss specific complaints of the races bluntly, not just ignore them to be politically correct. That is, if it's OK for him to be blunt, it's also OK for me, a white man to also be blunt. I also like loyalty. However, after listening to Reverend Wright speak on Youtube, I am beginning to wonder what the deal is. I am willing to hear about anybody out, at least one time. One can learn something from even the dumbest, and most prejudiced and discriminating people. But, I would not be a continuing audience to a minister of a (white) church where the minister speak of another racial group as Reverend Wright speaks of the white race. What's up?