Author Topic: Looking for a new CCW  (Read 1916 times)

Offline AlabamaBoy

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Looking for a new CCW
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2008, 11:24:07 AM »
I ended up getting a Smith and Wesson M&P in 40 Cal.  . Went to the range this past weekend and put 150 rounds thru it never had a hiccup and was shooting some really cheap ammo in it at first . I am going to put night sights on it next as it just has the 3 dot on it now .Was accurate enough with it the first time that I can only see  improvement with it as I shoot more with it . My friend has the Judge and it is a blast to shoot

Offline Turk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Looking for a new CCW
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 01:55:09 AM »
AlabamaBoy wrote:

I
I ended up getting a Smith and Wesson M&P in 40 Cal.  . Went to the range this past weekend and put 150 rounds thru it never had a hiccup and was shooting some really cheap ammo in it at first . I am going to put night sights on it next as it just has the 3 dot on it now .Was accurate enough with it the first time that I can only see  improvement with it as I shoot more with it . My friend has the Judge and it is a blast to shoot

'm glad you like your M&P I only trust when our military wants a new handgun S&W will be ready with the M&P.  I've got over 800 rounds through my 357 sig M&P and never a stoppage.  I can't believe how good this poly gun is since I said I'd never own one (besides my Keltec's).  I'm 62 years old and am a true believer in training and shooting without a lot gadgets on my guns.  BUT I recently purchased a Crimson Trace laser sight for the M&P if you think your M&P or any gun is a good shooter try the CT it's really unbelievable.  And before I get flamed I do believe everyone should train and be able to shoot with open sights the laser I believe can make a good shooter a little better and you'll be able to hit the target from almost any position.  For me I went form a person who thought lasers were nothing more than an fun gadget to an advocate of the Crimson Trace.  Order their catalog and DVD (Shoots in the Dark) it's free the DVD totally changed my way of thinking concerning the laser.

Turkl
In God I trust all others bring data.
If you know you're going to a gunfight take a rifle.
Life Member 1/50th Infantry Association (Vietnam)
Member of the 173rd Airborne Association
Life member NRA & ORPA