Author Topic: Federal Rebate (Ammunition that is!)  (Read 885 times)

Offline Siskiyou

• Trade Count: (0)
Federal Rebate (Ammunition that is!)
« on: March 31, 2008, 07:10:27 AM »
Last November-December I add in a couple of post about the Federal and other manufactures rebates on ammunition and other sporting items.  While the dollar amount is small I started checking our records to see if the rebate I touted had been received.  According to our records and the records of a hunting partner neither rebate had been recived.

This morning I called Federal Ammunition because I had not received the rebate for ammunition I purchased in November 2007.  The lady on the Federal end was very polite and checked their records. 

I was told that my rebate check was mailed in January.  I was told that if it had become lost that it would be replaced. 

I asked if they could check and see if it had been cashed, based on past history I get my neighbors mail or my neighbors get my mail once or twice a month.  Federal has away of checking the bank records to see if the checks have been cashed.  She came back to me after confirming the check had not been cashed.  She said a new check would be mailed.

I will confirm when I have received my check.  My wife maintains a file with all copies of all the rebates we have applied for.  This is critical so the consumer can follow-up on unpaid rebates.

At this point I am pleased with the Federal Ammunition Rebate response.

How are folks doing on the Remington and Winchester Rebates?
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Federal Rebate (Ammunition that is!)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 11:58:49 AM »
I used my tax rebate to buy 10#'s of powder, 10,000 primers, and 500 bullets to just resupply my stock.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Siskiyou

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 12:29:54 PM »
deltecs:  At the rate the prices are going up on those items it is better then putting it in a savings account.
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 02:30:51 PM »
deltecs:  At the rate the prices are going up on those items it is better then putting it in a savings account.

I plan on buying a bunch more before summer is over as I think Congress might be inclined to limit re loading components.  Some States have bills already submitted to do just that.  If the Supreme Court rules on the individual right to possess firearms and I think they will, I believe the Democratic Congress will try and enact other restrictions to accomplish any nullification of existing laws.  And you can be sure these laws will be more restrictive on re loading components, if they cannot get the arms.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 02:36:21 PM »
I don't buy much factory ammo, but I did buy some Remington 338 WM and got my rebate.  ;)

On a related note, I built a new PC last summer, bought parts from Newegg in July, had 3 rebates for a total of $105, got the first 2 in October and November, contacted the rebate company by email, was told it should have been issued by then, but it hadn't, said I'd get it within 30 days, got it 3 weeks later.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 04:38:04 PM »
I sent in 2 Federal rebates last fall and got checks back pretty quickly, especially by rebate standards.
I'm impressed with your story:
1.You kept good records and knew the check hadn't arrived
2. Federal was also so cooperative and worked with you to get a new check cut

Federal's response says alot about their company if you ask me    :)

This thread is getting me nervous that I better get out and spend some $ now, while I can.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14