Author Topic: An interesting website..who is the biggest congressional porkers..  (Read 278 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)

Ever wonder about your "tax dollars at work" (read: "tax dollars being peed away')..the non-partisan,< Citizens Against Government Waste > has a website explaining this act of robbery..er ..ah..earmarking. It explains how many,many billions of dollars that are attached to the defense appropriations have NOTHING to do with defense.
  In a diabolical manner, many of the congressional porkers that inflate the defense cost that way...then go on to the next election cycle, complaining on the cost of "defense appropriations".
   Naturally, I see every dollar robbed in this way from our defense as a 3 or 4 rounds of .223 ammo taken out of our soldier's or Marine's rifle . Or the lack of funds to develop a new process to save lives on the battlefield.
   One idiot congressman decided to rob $3,000,000 from our military to give "poor children golf lessons"..something they need like a hole in the head ! ...And why golf,
  if someone HAS to waste money, why not put the money to firearms safety instruction...?..may be more appropro..LOL

Anyway, all three presidential candidates claim to ba against "pork spending"..i found the figures for them on a TV station website  <  www.wgal.com/politics  >

Here's how they worked out for 2007

Sen Hillary Rodham Clinton....$296,000,000 in pork

Sen Barak Hussein Obama.....$97,000,000 in pork

Sen John Sidney McCain........$ 0              in pork

Keep track of the big piggers     www.cagw.org/           http://swineline.org/

Worth puttin in your "favorites" column..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: An interesting website..who is the biggest congressional porkers..
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 03:32:49 AM »
TM7;

The websites give some outlandish examples of corporate welfare..

One I noticed was the    www.cagw.org/   website telling of the imbalance for the new air refueling tanker contract recently
   awarded to Northrup-Grumman instead of Boeing. The watchdog group says that there was a huge difference in the bids,
  most of which was pure corporate welfare..
  Right now, there is a spot on their home page explaining that fact.

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDelle338

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: An interesting website..who is the biggest congressional porkers..
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 03:45:23 AM »
  That is sickening. I know it goes on, but to see it in print and the amounts.... makes me want to slap someone.
   I had to check out the other stuff about the campaign adds to. They do a good job of showing the BS that is being spread by these two.
Life's a Bitch, But the puppies are cute.