Author Topic: getting some property and need suggestions  (Read 879 times)

Offline broken arrow

• Trade Count: (0)
getting some property and need suggestions
« on: July 12, 2003, 06:44:25 AM »
We soon expect to have 60 acres deeded to us by my wife's father. This is pureley  recreational property and completely wooded. I will have 20 acres or so elsewhere to build on. Here's the problem: My father -in-law leases the hunting rights to this property to several "poachers" (kill everything that moves, out of season deer harvesting etc..) They won't be able to hunt my 60 acres any more, of course, but will be shooting all around it and trespassing on it whenever they can get away with it. How do I make these losers want to give up this honey-hole of a lease? They pay $400.00 anually for the remaining 250 acres. Give me some creative ideas. He likes these losers, but they have taken away his keys before to keep him off of his own property, they come to his house and take food without asking, use his vehicles, they even ate his thanksgiving dinner before. I can't do much until he lets me.    HELP
"Cowards die many times before their death, The valiant never taste of death but once."

Offline jhm

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 01:16:16 PM »
Call the game and fish dept everytime you see them violating game laws, post your property, and prosecute when they are on your property, I know you will be woried about them getting back at you but as long as they get away with it they own the land not YOU, work with the local game and fish officer he is there to help you and stop the illigal hunting, then enjoy your new found piece of land. :D    JIM

Offline DennisB

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 05:37:51 PM »
Post it and enforce it.  No excuse for rude behavior.

(Nice avatar of the Enterprise(s).
Dennis In Ft Worth

Offline broken arrow

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 08:01:12 AM »
Yeah, I plan to post it. I have no problem prosecuting these idiots, it's just likeley to create a family rift. half of the family thinks they can do no wrong. They don't care about the poaching. They don't have the same ethics I do. I think they are even making methamphetamine and cultivating marijuana out there. They have opened a Pandora's box and this clutch of snakes has dug in. They will be hard to flush out, but it needs to be done. If I turn evidence over to the Sherrif, they'll know who did it. I guess I should prepare for the worst and hope for the best huh?
"Cowards die many times before their death, The valiant never taste of death but once."

Offline jhm

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 11:38:04 AM »
Dennis:  Talk to the athorities and explain your concerns, have them come out and look things over and if you are sure of the drug situation you dont want them turning your property into a HAZMAT problem, you have to take a stand its your property not theirs, good luck. :D    JIM

Offline les hemby

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 04:10:08 PM »
i agree jhm not to mention if its on your property its yours :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2003, 06:59:45 AM »
If you havent already, sit down with your father-in-law, and explain the situation,tell him everything that is going on, and what you think is going on....then if he listens problemb solved, but if he doesnt,your gonna have to take matters into your own hands. I agree with what jhm said, by going to the athorities, and or the game comission and take your stand....It is also a good idea not to mention the drug situation(if your sure about it), or atleast wait untill hunting season is over :grin: ....good luck
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline broken arrow

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2003, 10:22:59 AM »
Sounds good. I only know that we found two large drums of ether near their trailers. They are building permanent buildings up there now. Before you know it they'll be invoking squatter's rights or something! Anyway, talking to her dad is harder than it sounds. The whole family (except me) is afraid to bring anything up to him, He's a weird, unpredictable guy. I'm not willing to part with the land my children are owed. I've put up with him for 15 years now myself. I considered giving the local TWRA boys unlimited hunting rights on my share and telling them they can hunt, camp, fish, barbque etc... for a couple of years and let the local cops do it too. Either that or make them think I'm leasing mine out for skinhead rallys or something. Thanks again for your help!

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2003, 10:35:03 AM »
best of wishes to you on this matter :D
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--