Author Topic: Surprising poll reported this morning..  (Read 527 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Surprising poll reported this morning..
« on: April 10, 2008, 01:47:35 AM »
We in NY State who are not urban dwellers, rarely see our usual choices prevail in national elections, outside of the house of reps (elected by district) such things as Senators and Presidential choices have gone toward Indigo, navy, royal, teal, midnight...or any other shade of blue. Never a red state in national elections..

There is a small college (6,000 students) here in NY, that is usually quite accurate in their polling process, the name; ...Marist College ! Fox News reports this morning that Marist decided
   to poll NY residents..choosing between the two "dream Teams". The dream teams of course, being between  Obama (pres) & Clinton (veep) vs  McCain (pres) & Rice (veep).

Results today;    Obama & Clinton  44%    McCain & Rice 49%

Now, we know it is early..and 5 percentage points is no big deal...normally . However, this is not a politically "normal state" ( now there's an understatement) .
  NY is one of the "bluest"...and Hillary is the Senator from NY..

BTW: Poll also shows the Dems would get beat worse with Hillary leading the ticket !

Still; 6 months is a "lifetime" in presidential politics !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline sdb777

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: Surprising poll reported this morning..
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 02:01:44 AM »
Wonder what that same poll would have netted here in Arkansas?

I have family living in Ilion, NY....  Guess you go where your job takes you?  But it is a friend, nice, and very well taken care of town...not at all what it's like in the mega-city to the south east.

Question: Isn't Ms. Rice smart enough not to put her name on the ticket?

Scott (heck of a girl though) B
Custom Cartridge pens available.....

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 02:07:42 AM »
I concur that McCain's chances of winning are better agains Klinton than Obama. If she can't beat the muzlim then I don't think McCain can either. I do not believe the two of them will ever pair up however. I think the white female governor of KS is his choice and him hers and that love affair will translate into them as the team if he can beat Klinton out of the nomination. They are just too tight for some odd reason and both Klinton and Obama have said too many vile things about each other to kiss and make up after the nomination has been settled I think both would see the other as excess baggage at that point.

I don't know how Rice would impact McCain's chances nation wide but it would prevent me from voting for him. I certainly cannot vote for anyone on the dumocrap ticket but neither can I vote for her so I'd just toss my vote away with a write in or third party candidate I guess even tho I realize such votes are almost the same as a vote for the dumocraps. I'd as soon have a dumocrap as her however so really don't care.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 05:17:53 AM »
Greybeard, would you enlighten me on you problems with Rice. I'm so disgusted with network news, the national political mess, state politics,and a few other things that I have pretty well tuned OUT. I still read the local paper to keep up with what is going on locally but that is about it. I have my mind made up already who I will vote for in every office in the elections so no need to listen to all the political horsepoop that I will hear until November. Probably won't influence me about voting for McCain because I absolutely refuse to contribute to electing a democrat in any way given our choices in this election but I would like to know your reasons.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 07:43:08 AM »
A couple years ago, my son..being an OTR trucker, bought me a copy of a biography or Condi Rice..It is called Condi..by Antonia Felix. It is on CD so I listened to it while working in my blacksmith shop.
  I may have been a bit cynical at first, wondering if this woman had a "bone to pick" with "the man".. This bio along with other observations, soon set my mind at ease.
  Miss Rice was raised by some remarkable parents . Although she did experience some of the incidents such as we hear mentioned, her father, Pastor of a local church..
   and his wife did not preach hate and rebellion, as we see so often in folks like Rev Jeremiah Wright ( or wrong) and some of his followers that obviously witnessed not
  nearly the rejection that Condi did as a young girl !
  In Birmingham, where Condi's Dad had his church..there were 3 or 4 churches firebombed. At that time Condi was about 11 yrs old, and although Pastor Rice's church was not firebombed, she was within the sound of one of the churches that were bombed. He closest friend died in that blast.

Now, this woman has about as much right as anyone to be militant, hateful and mean..but thanks to parents that did a superb job of parenting, she was able to sort out that the kind of people that would burn little girls in their churches are indeed rare..and not indicative of the vast majority of white people.
    I will have to go by memory here, since it has been a couple years since I listened to the set of CDs..buit It seems like her master's degree was completed at about 19 years of age with the Dr's degree following shortly.
  Throughout life she has EARNED each job and credits she received..and she also knows that both white and black people have had a hand in making her what she is today.
   She was made the head of Stanford U. at a comparatively young age.
  She is arguably the most qualified person in the western world, when it comes to Russian culture and mindset. She has a great grasp of mideastern culture and their way
   of facing siutuations.
  She could have been a concert pianist..but being her own harshest critic..and a realist, she believed that she was missing just that "certain something" in order to be best.

The libs call Hillary "the smartest woman in the world"..I would like to see a debate between Condi and her . If I were a betting man...I would give long odds on Condi..

Footnote: I loaned the CD set to a friend that was harboring some trepidtaion about Condi..he drove to Florida and listened to the bio as he traveled..he came home a Condi supporter..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Slowhanddd

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (43)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 04:33:35 PM »
"I think the white female governor of KS is his choice"
I really hope she is.That way we can be rid of her.Slow
Life is not about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well
you bounce

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 05:14:27 PM »
Sebelius is her name, and she's fairly popular here. 

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 05:47:58 PM »
Rice grew up in B'ham just a short distance away from where I did. She is much younger than me and even in the days I was growing up the BS she spins about how life was for her wasn't happening. It really NEVER happened the way she lies about it being. She is a shameless lying politician trying to pretend how bad whitey treatedd a poor nigger gal growing up. It's all BS of the worst kind. She is no more what she pretends to be than Obama is.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 04:14:40 AM »
OK, glad to know that. It just reinforces my belief that finding an honest politician is like finding a hen's tooth.