Author Topic: optic zone  (Read 536 times)

Offline borrowed time

• Trade Count: (0)
optic zone
« on: April 11, 2008, 04:08:50 PM »
Hi everyone, new to this forum, read  about two-thirds of the posts in the optic  section,  and I see that the Optic zone is banned site. I don"t wish to ruffle any feathers, but I have not seen the reason why. They seem to have good service and prices, I am just curious. I do not have any affiliation with them, in fact never heard of them until I got into this site. Thanks. BM

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: optic zone
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 04:25:52 PM »
For what it's worth, I've been here for awhile and was not aware there is a banned site list......where is it?

As for the Optic Zone, I've bought from them and have found them to be good to deal with.

I don't have a clue why The Optic zone might be on the list.........
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: optic zone
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 05:50:47 PM »
There is no "banned site list". There is a ban list of all e-mail addresses, user names, IP addresses and such of folks who have gotten themselves banned from this site for one reason or another over the years. It's not a real long one certainly not nearly as long as the list of folks who proudly claim to have been banned here at some other sites where it's popular to be able to claim you've banned at GBO. At a couple of sites that's kinda like a badge of courage or some such.

The Optic Zone was an advertiser at this site once upon a time. They no longer are. Due to comments made by the proprietor of that company he was banned from use of this site. How nice he is apparently depends on whether you are paying him money or he is supposed to be paying you money. It was not my intention to ban him after he stopped being a paid advertiser here but his comments in PMs to me resulted in his banning from the site.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!