Author Topic: Price check- H&R 088?  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
Price check- H&R 088?
« on: April 04, 2008, 03:16:51 AM »
I may be going to an auction next week and the catalogue lists this Model 088 in 410, pictures look pretty good. What would be a good price? Ser. No. starts with AZ I haven't looked that up yet. Thanks.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
Re: Price check- H&R 088?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 05:38:30 AM »
If I am reading the FAQ chart correctly that is a 1985 year of manufacture.
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 05:43:58 AM »
If you google Harrington richardson model 088, you'll get several hits with selling/auction prices.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 06:15:16 AM »
thanks Tim good information as always from you!
I am thinking I might be able to get this for about $50, since I have been watching handis and NEF shotguns at this auction place and they tend to go low. I didn't buy a 4570 SB2 last year there and have been kicking myself since it went for around $90 if my memory is correct! I didn't want to stay there for the entire day and it was one of the last items. :'(

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 12:20:25 PM »
Didnt get it...this one went for $140... you can never tell at auctions. Lots of other high priced guns and WWII items, so guys were spending plenty of money. Maybe next time!

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 04:28:25 AM »
Purchased an 088 at a pawn shop just this past week for $70. It was in ok condition and had a 20 ga barrel that needed lots of cleaning. I cleaned it up and was ready to shoot it when I noticed the transfer bar was missing. (it was ok when I checked it out before purchasing.

To make a long story short I took it back and received a refund. The store had a contracting smith they used so I told them if they repaired it I would take it. Haven't heard nothing yet. I have a 30-30 barrel that will fit snug from an 058 I wanted to try. I just have to wait and see.

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 11:25:34 AM »
I would have grabbed it for $80 or less, in the past they went much lower at this auction, it all depends on who shows up! Good luck with your find, the last one I purchased was a 16 ga. Pardner at a pawn shop, $80 out the door.

Joe :-X