Author Topic: Some people!  (Read 1195 times)

Offline Sheila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Some people!
« on: April 03, 2008, 04:03:39 PM »
I wore a sweatshirt to work  today with a deer on it, some woman asked why why I  was  wearing it, and then she told me I shouldn't wear  it  because I shot deer. yet at lunch, she ate a hamburger. I said to her, you got on my case about my shirt, but you sit there and eat a hamburger. Someone had to kill the cow to get that  burger. And then I told her what business is  it of her's if I wear a shirt with a animal on on it. I should have told her I put D-Con out in the shed for the mice.

[

United we stand against Ovomit.

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
Re: Some people!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 04:10:16 PM »
Some people will never get it. Last Christmas we were at dinner with friends. I hunted that morning. So myself & another guy at the table were talking about hunting. One of the ladies at the table started to poke at me about killing bambi Bla Bla Bla. We argued back & forth a bit. Nothing to serius, I ended the arguement by asking her hows the Ham. Everyone at the table chuckled. A week later she hit a deer with her car.
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 04:19:51 PM »
Some people will never get it. Last Christmas we were at dinner with friends. I hunted that morning. So myself & another guy at the table were talking about hunting. One of the ladies at the table started to poke at me about killing bambi Bla Bla Bla. We argued back & forth a bit. Nothing to serius, I ended the arguement by asking her hows the Ham. Everyone at the table chuckled. A week later she hit a deer with her car.

I bet  that shut her up! 
[

Offline zombiewolf

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 05:14:07 PM »
I have some friends who say they are vegetarians.I was at their house once when they were eating salad.
One of them brought out a small container of "organic vegetarian baco-bits".I snatched the can from him
and quickly scanned the ingredients.Soy, spices, salt,NATURAL PORK FLAVOR.....
So I sez, "Where do you think they get that from?" They were horrified. I laughed for a long time. :D

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 08:03:45 PM »
I like to get a good discussion going about shooting bambi, and then ask them where they think the leather for their belts, purse and shoes came from. I add insult to injury by telling them it dosent grow on trees.   :o

Gun Runner

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 07:02:33 AM »
Yea Gun Runner
that is my favorite question for people that condem floks for eating animals and how we should
not kill them. I ask where did that belt, hand bag, jacket, shoes come from maybe you should stop
wearing them.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 03:49:03 PM »
SHEILA. Good for you, you did good. Most of these folks don't have a clue where their food comes from. POWDERMAN.  :D :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 05:03:31 PM »
I told her I am not  ashamed  of hunting  or  fishing. She says  to me, did you know a deer gives you sad eyes  before you shot them, I told her know ,and I don't care.  I said to her, you watch to much Bambi. She thinks I should go to the grocery store instead of going into the woods and killing a deer. You know, the meat you see in the grocery store comes from animals, and guess what, someone had to kill them.
[

Offline sdb777

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 04:01:07 AM »
The only time I'm ashamed of hunting or fishing is when I come home empty handed!!!

Scott (hopefully I can fish today) B
Custom Cartridge pens available.....

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 04:20:33 AM »
The thing is deer flourish on the crops our farmers plant.
If hunters don't "control" the population sporting then the state will have to cull them.
Explain that process to your veggie friends and they will thank you for giving the deer a sporting chance.

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 04:47:21 PM »
If hunters don't "control" the population sporting then the state will have to cull them.
Explain that process to your veggie friends and they will thank you for giving the deer a sporting chance.

Unfortunately, the deer here in Pennsylvania  are being wiped put.
[

Offline blackhawk45

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 08:26:15 PM »

Hey, So I'm not the only Pa. hunter that noticed that ?
Hunter, Shooter,Second Amendment Supporter,Handloader.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 05:05:06 AM »
I guess I'm pretty lucky. I don't know one single vegetarian. Of course my neck of the woods is sparsely populated and really backward according to the enlightened parts like Santa Fe and Albuquerque. If I ever encounter one that questions what I eat I will just tell them that if they will mind their own business I won't meddle in theirs.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 06:17:33 AM »
We had a party at work once, just before the Christmas break.  Everyone brought a dish.  I brought a crock pot of Venison stew, and a  Moose roast.  I wanted to make sure that everyone knew it was game meat.  One of the older ladies said she would make signs showing that.  She wrote signs saying Bambi Stew and Bullwinkle Roast.  Several young women thought she was just being cute with the signs.  After the dinner when we were just sitting around talking, one of the older women came up and asked where I had gotten the Mule Deer, and she really liked the Moose.  I told her, and the young women overheard our conversation.  They said don't try and fool us that was good beef you got at the commissary.  I informed them it was Mule Deer that I had shot that week up in the mountains above town, and Moose I had brought back from Alaska.  At first they did not believe me, then they got pail and ran out.  In short they became the laughing stock of all the women in the building.  The rest of the women that worked there were older women that had grown up on ranches eating game meat all their lives.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 08:16:54 AM »
you know people have too much excess in life when they sit around and worry about this stuff.   

i am a pretty arrogant guy, but i cant see myself slamming on someone if they didnt want to eat meat.  their choice.  same goes for me wanting to eat meat.  if you dont like it,  keep your mouth shut.   

this country went to hell the day you couldnt punch someone in the nose.    so many people would benefit from a good attitude adjustment. 

Offline Beers

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 09:30:03 AM »
this country went to hell the day you couldnt punch someone in the nose.

I agree completely... It can be a difficult viewpoint to explain/defend, but the world would be a much better place if certain types got punched in the face more often....

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008, 12:34:11 PM »

Hey, So I'm not the only Pa. hunter that noticed that ?

A lot others  are noticing it to, so is the Game Commission know it to, but they are to stupid to admit it.
[

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 12:52:33 PM »
The last statistics I saw from PA regarding deer populations, stated that more were killed in highway collisions and starvation than killed by hunters.  When I moved to Alaska in 1969 from PA, only one deer a year was permitted.  Now, I've been told, hunters are allowed 4 a year.  Admittedly in different types of hunting conditions using flintlock, bow and arrow, doe and buck seasons, but it is possible to harvest 4 deer a year by one hunter.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  I wonder how many of these animals rights activists and vegetarians would react to the totally wasteful deer lost due starvation and road kill vs hunters eating them.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008, 01:36:11 AM »
  Our deer population doesn't seem to be down, and I'm only about 25 miles north of the PA line..

Anti hunters:

I phoned a local, "animal rights' type radio talk show host a number of years ago, when he was going on a rant about shooting "Bambi".
  I asked; " John, do you have a ham sandwich or a nice steak fairly often ?" ( he often spoke of different restaurants that were noted for steaks etc.)
  He replied; " Well yes, I do." So I said; " the only difference I can see is that I kill some of my food...while you always hire a hit man !"

Don't know if that had anything to do with it, but after that he rarely spoke about "poor Bambi"..John is gone now, but he really was anice guy..just
  a bit misled on that one point .
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2008, 03:01:00 PM »
The last statistics I saw from PA regarding deer populations, stated that more were killed in highway collisions and starvation than killed by hunters.  When I moved to Alaska in 1969 from PA, only one deer a year was permitted.  Now, I've been told, hunters are allowed 4 a year.  Admittedly in different types of hunting conditions using flintlock, bow and arrow, doe and buck seasons, but it is possible to harvest 4 deer a year by one hunter.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  I wonder how many of these animals rights activists and vegetarians would react to the totally wasteful deer lost due starvation and road kill vs hunters eating them.

The reason a lot of deer in this state are killed on the hit  on the roads is because the people drive to fast, and they don't  pay attention. The insurance company's are  mostly to blame, and then you have the greedy hunters, poachers, and the greedy  Game Commission.
[