Author Topic: Any blank work?  (Read 400 times)

Offline will36

• Trade Count: (0)
Any blank work?
« on: September 03, 2008, 01:54:54 PM »
Im looking to build 2 single shots both will be set up for a screw on 30 caliber suppressor.  I need a 7.62x39 (deer hunting) and would also like to get a blank and have it chambered in 7.62x25 for hog and animal control .Also  this caliber is dirt cheap to shoot  if you dont mind a little clean up. 

has anyone built a H&R in this caliber? Anyone else have a can on one?

Edit:  I think the 303 British is .311 so a blank for this would be better right?  Im going to have to do a lot of machine work anyway my can is set up for the 24mm Krinkov FSb.  It works great on all of my Aks it is just a loud platform for a host. You can shoot it just fine with ear plugs so on a single shot it will be very quiet.

Ill have to do some research on this subject in here. Great forum guys. ;)

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
Re: Any blank work?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 04:04:41 PM »
I've done a bunch of stubs with .303 British barrels in 32H&R Mag.  Using take off barrels the only problem that I can see is that you will end up with a chamber end of about .710 inches.  If that is large enough to get a good chamber wall thickness then life will be good.  Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

Offline will36

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Any blank work?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 05:26:34 PM »
most Ak barrels are 22mm and smaller at the chamber, but its pressed into a trinion. hmmmm does anyone make a heavy  unchambered blank in the 303?

Thanks for the reply