Author Topic: Ruger P95  (Read 495 times)

Offline dannyfro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Ruger P95
« on: January 03, 2012, 11:17:54 PM »
I have been looking at these for awhile and wondering if any of you out there had any first hand experience with one. What are your thoughts? I am more so concerned with its overall function and reliability. Although accuracy is always a subject for curiosity.

Dan

Offline NickSS

• Contributor
Re: Ruger P95
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 10:43:36 AM »
I have never owned one of those but have  several other Ruger autos and have nothing but good to say about them.  I have a P89 that I have had for years and do not remember ever having a jam or other malfunction with it and it is accurate enough for a combat pistol.  I have also owned a P90 and do own a P345 that also never malfunctioned while owned by me and shoot more that adequately accurate.

Offline dannyfro

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 05:22:52 PM »
Thanks for your help. My dad has A P89 and it always seemed to shoot well. I thought for a 9mm around $300 that you couldn't go wrong I have heard people complain there heavy but I don't want it to carry just to shoot.

Dan

Offline J'hawker

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 05:20:51 PM »
My son has one and it's reliable.  He's not had a single stoppage and really likes the accuracy.  The trigger was much better than I'd expected and the weight made it easy to shoot consistently.
Well done is better than well said....Benjamin Franklin

Offline dannyfro

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 06:39:34 PM »
Thats good to hear. Makes it a tempting purchase.

Dan

Offline cheezy66

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 11:53:39 AM »
i have 2, blue and stainless. i feel the p series is the best bang for the buck! my wife can shoot the daylights out of it, no limp wristing or  complaints about recoil. i had a smith and wesson sd, and she didn't like it, or my brothers bodyguard 38 with the laser. it was also the only semi-auto that she could rack the slide back without a struggle. never had a jam, even with the cheap wolf/tula ammo.

Offline dannyfro

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 12:50:15 PM »
Ruger it seems has always made a very durable pistol. Not always the prettiest but they shoot! Glad to hear of your positive results.

Dan