Author Topic: .204 bbl on a BC  (Read 668 times)

Offline OSOK

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
.204 bbl on a BC
« on: April 23, 2008, 08:13:37 AM »
I sent my Buffalo Classic off to H&R and had a 22" .204 Ruger bull barrel put on. I just have to say that it is a beautiful, wicked looking little rifle with that short barrel on it! I have yet to shoot it due to the daily rain and flooding we are having here in Arkansas, but I can't wait. This will be my first varmint rifle, so I am a bit of a novice on this subject. Did I do well in choosing the .204? Crow's and coyotes will be the main target's, usually at less than 300 yards. I bought the BC because it was the only way I was going to get a buffalo rifle on a police officer's salary, and the same reason for sending it off for the .204...alot cheaper than a new rifle.
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: .204 bbl on a BC
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 08:20:21 AM »
OSOK

You did good , the 204 will be a great round for what you want to do and with the $$s you saved on the barrel you can spend a little more on optics . Take a look at some of the Mueller's , there well worth the money and then some .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 09:16:57 AM »
I have a 204 on pallet wood, shoots great
I bought a brown97 4-12 scope (made by Mueller) when they first came out and where on sale.
i think it is the same as the Mueller apv, you will have to ck with smarter guys on model #'s
should be around $150.00 and worth every $ and then some.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline JerryKo

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (64)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 09:54:35 AM »
Oh ya, I know what you mean.  I like my 45/410 20" on the BC as well!  You did good.  My 22" 204 bull likes the 32grain hornady vmax factory loading very, very, well.  Did I say very well?  Oh ya!  You'll love that barrel!

Jerry
"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."- Vince Lombardi

Offline silver surfer

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 03:13:39 PM »
Please post a picture?  That sounds like a really neat little combo.  I'm seriously thinking of a .280 barrel on mine.
"Blamin a gun for shootin people is like blamin your pencil for misspellin a word!"
  Larry the Cable Guy

Offline Bison Butt

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 04:15:18 PM »
I just put a .204 fluted barrel on my BC. I haven't shot it either. I'm waiting on some parts for my scope rings.
 I have .32 grain bullets loaded to group. Maybe next week.

BB

Offline Hawk89

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 05:06:34 PM »
Well boys here what your .204 can do with 40 gr. hornady factory loads.  Also Suggest 40 gr. for coyotes.

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 10:50:55 AM »
yup that sure is a nice looking group and a factory load too, nice shooting. now if only i had my pics over here to show off. mine like 40 gr V-max also so but i hand load for mine. lets just say that my groups are small
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 10:56:30 AM »
Hawk send me that gun that shoots those terrible groups and I'll dispose of it for you.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline OSOK

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 02:55:24 PM »
I'll post a pic as soon as I can figure out how to do it...and I convince my wife why I need a picture of my gun for the internet!!!
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Offline JerryKo

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (64)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 06:05:56 PM »
yup that sure is a nice looking group and a factory load too, nice shooting. now if only i had my pics over here to show off. mine like 40 gr V-max also so but i hand load for mine. lets just say that my groups are small

Must be, if it was used to hit a PD at four hundred and fifty TWO yards.  I loved reading that thread, great shooting!!!  My groups were the smallest I have ever been able to get.  Practically same hole at 100 yds.  That sold me to this barrel and 32gr Hornady Vmax's.  I bought the rest of the lot at my local shop to have on hand.  And when I decide to reload, I'll already have the Hornady brass.  I havn't shot any more paper with it, but it is my goto ghog setup now!   I would like to try the 40's, but just can't justify it right now.

Jerry
"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."- Vince Lombardi