Author Topic: Obama Caught in Lapel Flag Lie  (Read 539 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Obama Caught in Lapel Flag Lie
« on: April 18, 2008, 11:04:20 AM »
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Obama_Caught_in_lie/2008/04/18/89095.html

Friday, April 18, 2008 10:36 AM

By: Newsmax Staff 

Hillary Clinton got caught in a lie when she said she had dodged sniper fire during a 1996 visit to Bosnia. Now her Democratic presidential rival Barack Obama has been caught in a “sniper fire” lie of his own.

During Thursday’s debate in Pennsylvania, Obama was asked why he doesn’t wear an American flag lapel pin, as do many other politicians as well as servicemen and law enforcement officials.

“I have never said that I don’t wear flag pins or refuse to wear flag pins,” he responded.

“That is the kind of manufactured issue that our politics has become obsessed with.”

But Obama did indeed declare that he does not wear flag pins, Andrew Malcolm of the Los Angeles Times noted.

During a campaign stop in Iowa last October, a reporter asked Obama why he wasn’t wearing a flag pin to express solidarity with 9/11 victims.

This is what Obama said back then: “You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a pin. Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we’re talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for, I think, true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of important to our national security. I decided I won’t wear that pin on my chest.”

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Obama Caught in Lapel Flag Lie
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 11:49:32 AM »
I believe not wearing a flag is a ploy to satisfy the obnoxious segment of his supporters (like his former pastor and friends) while the lefty liberals that gush all over him won't care anyway.  I don't think wearing a flag really makes anybody a patriot, but his absence of a flag is a calculated strategic play to make sure he stays aligned and acceptable to the many malcontents that support him.

I gotta give him some credit though.  When this campaign started, I was equally sickened by Obama and Hillary.  I wouldn't vote for either in a million years.  Now after watching them in action, I strangely find myself rooting for Hillary, or at least just feeling sorry and embarassed for her.  I still wouldn't vote for her in a million years, but I guess I am finding out that I can tolerate a clumsy liar more than a slickster liar.  One I makes me sad, the other makes me mad.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 11:56:18 AM »
Exactly. I still don't like Hillary but I can't stand Obama and I would rather see more Clinton years then new Obama years. I think if we all vote McCain can beat both of them.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 05:00:00 PM »
If Lieberman is his V.P. you can count me out in a hurry.I'm very seriously considering a Ron Paul write in and that would suitcase it. There is some reason that ole joe is hanging tight with Mc. Lieberman is a worse liberal than most dems.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 05:07:39 PM »
I agree the lapel pin deal shouldn't be a make or break kind of thing, but it definitely does add to his "resume" of anti-Americanism

Symbolic or manufactured or whatever it still says alot to me!
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 04:51:47 AM »
The question that comes to my mind is how in the hell have we slid so far down the slope that an absolute zero like Osama is actually in a position to actually have a shot a becoming our President?

Last night I was flipping through the channels and I happened onto one of the PBS stations.  A group of obviously liberal media journalists were sitting around a little table discussing the state of the campaign.  One of the dupes posited that "weren't we lucky to have three really fantastic candidates to choose from."  I almost choked.

Can anyone imagine that if you were to assign an executive head hunter to round up three good (not even great) candidates to run an important company, or town, or anything--let alone the whole damn country, that Osama, or Hellery, or John McLame would be on the list?  Not a chance in hell.  I guess it shows what happens when you leave it to the voters.   Something about this system is very wrong.
Swingem

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 04:17:18 PM »
you know he is lying his lips are moving. This is the man who supports the 2nd. who voted to suppress a mans right to self defense in his home TWICE.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten