Author Topic: Unertl Scopes  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Carl l.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • Hunting,Fishing,Camping and Woodworking
Unertl Scopes
« on: June 03, 2003, 04:11:18 AM »
Hey fellows, I have been to almost all the posts on scopes and I have found nothing anyone has said about Unertl scopes. Does any one out there use them?  Carl L.

Offline chk

• Avid Poster
Unertl Scopes
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 04:23:54 AM »
Target shooters and the USNC snipers are the only people I've seen or read about using Unertl scopes. Most of the bench rest shooters at the shooting club I belong to use Leupolds. A few varmint and bench resters use Unertls. Dave

Offline Carl l.

• Avid Poster
Unertl Scopes
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 06:05:41 AM »
Dave, I have Leupolds, Weaver, Bushnell and I have a 2"Ultra Varmint-calibrated Head 15 power Unertl. I like the other scopes I have really well. but the Unterl I have had for 33 yrs and have had to due nothing to it. The opitcs are better than the scopes that I have. I use the Unterl to shoot bench rest, varmints and deer hunt. I was wondering why nobody said anything about them. They are a good scope. Thanks Carl L.

Offline Rusty

Unertl Scopes
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2003, 01:02:03 PM »
I have read that they are good scopes (really tough: they have a steel tube), and are only $2,000 new.  Maybe this is why you don't hear much about them. 8)

Offline chk

• Avid Poster
Unertl Scopes
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2003, 01:16:18 PM »
Carl, one guy I talked to at the range said the Unertls are great scopes but his wasn't fog or waterproof so his is a fair weather scope. I had forgot about that when I posted earlier. Dave

Offline Carl l.

• Avid Poster
Unertl Scopes
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2003, 01:24:27 PM »
Rusty, they only have one scope that cost 2500.00. Go to www.unertloptics.com and you can look at the scopes and pricing. I am not trying to sell them. The one that I have is one of the best scopes I have ever owned. Thanks for the feed back Carl L.

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
Unertl Scopes
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 04:02:51 AM »
I've got one on a 40X I picked up a while back. It's got by far the best glass of any scope I have owned, including Leupolds, B&L, Nikon, Burris, etc. I also like the outside adjustments, when you move it you know it's going to move. Kind of bulky though, and at some point it's going on my 1885 Winchester since nothing else looks right on that rifle. Think I'll try a Sightron on the 40X, and see if it's all it's cracked up to be.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline RonF

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Unertl Scopes
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2003, 05:17:59 AM »
I have two Unertls, both old; one is the calibrated head 15x Ultra Varmint mentioned above, and everything positive already said defines my experience with it.  Mine is on a custom Martini, but I may move it to my Browning 1885 in .22-250 - I would certainly do that if I decided to sell the Martini!  My other Unertl is an old 10x Vulture with an adjustable objective, but not calibrated.  It has internal adjustments and excellent optics.  I really like them both!

RonF