Author Topic: LH CLASSIFIEDS??  (Read 1176 times)

Offline kody

• Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
LH CLASSIFIEDS??
« on: July 01, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »
"Left Hand Firearms and Equipment" faintly suggests it could be used as a place to deal on these items, but I have noticed some heated responses to unwary "assumers" hereabouts and I'm treading softly. There are a number of officially designated "classifieds" but they are all over the place and hard to find unless you peruse every single page in the "book"[I just discovered the Minnesota connection!!]. It would be nice to lump all of the varieties of classifieds under their respective headings but in a "CLASSIFIEDS" section. As for Left Handers, they are bound to searching EVERY SINGLE ad in each of the separate categories to find their treasures, a LH classifieds would be easy,save us a ton of time and lessen the congestion for Righties!! KODY

Offline db22

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
Re: LH CLASSIFIEDS??
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 01:49:04 PM »
Kody -- I second your motion, if Mr. Graybeard is listening. BTW, is that a VW Thing in your avatar pic? You're a luck man if you have one of those weird little bugs in good shape. It has occurred to me that the VW Thing was a poor-man's SUV long before anyone thought there would be four-buck gas. It's what we need -- simple, bulletproof air-cooled four-banger, simple gearbox, 2WD with fair ground clearance and the engine weight over the drive wheels. I don't want a luxurious interior, GPS, wireless internet, and 12 cupholders in my hunting car. I just want something I can afford to own, that will make it over logging roads, and simple enough to fix myself.
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams

Offline kody

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 08:51:08 AM »
YESSIR, that's a '73 Thing and there's another ,a '74 behind our "hotel". I spend most of my time developing this property and I don't work on them as much as I would like. I don't miss out on hunting though, heh-heh. I joined in on the LH chorus at the time that column was added and was surprised at the negativity. "General classifieds" is fairly well hidden itself and to have to locate it and search through it to try to locate a LH item is a real pain. The number of LH shooters was brought home to ME ,not by the overall responces to the LH column itself ,but by the responces to the dominant L eye aticle . Every one of those folks plus a lot more that don't have any special issues but ARE LH ers need access to LH guns--- ROTSA RUCK ! If it isn't a problem of mine ,it must not be a problem to anyone. Lose that right eye and you will get a new outlook.   KODY

Offline db22

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 03:22:05 PM »
Kody: You're in Minnesota? I'm just over the line, near La Crosse WI. It sure would be nice to have a left-hander's trading post, as you suggested.

Do your Things run okay on modern unleaded gas? I don't remember when that stuff was introduced. I have heard that older cars don't do so well on gas without the lead additive. Anyway, good to see you're making the most out of good old stuff, instead of falling for the gigantic, over-the-top vehicles that got us so darned dependent on fuel sold to us by people who hate us.

Best wishes to you and yours -- have a terrific hunting season!
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams

Offline kody

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 09:23:37 AM »
Stay as far from ethanol as you can. Get the stuff made for antique cars ,assorted small motors etc. An outboard repair man told me that ethanol was one of the best things that happened to his business! Th epoblem with the "Thing " is , I can't afford to damage it in the "backwoods" . A replcement fender costs as much as a Suzuki Samurai, well almost, and they're getting scarce too!   KODY