Author Topic: spread the word  (Read 438 times)

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
spread the word
« on: May 06, 2008, 04:29:15 PM »
Not to turn this into a kiss Bill's butt thread but I truly enjoy this place and wonder how we as members can get the word out about this site. I have been in contact with some people, a field rep for red talon broadheads, I also mentioned it to fob inc, and try to mention this site when I contact any vendors. Even if they don't want to advertise I'm sure their expertise would be welcome here. Also it is a direct line to the people that use their products so they would get a lot of feedback at least.

Do we tell everyone we know? I've been on sites like that where it's just a bunch of drinking stories and boob jokes. I guess they have their place too but there is really a wealth of information to be had here and I would like to see it grow.

Any other ideas?
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: spread the word
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 04:37:43 PM »
I will let you on a little secret here. The word is out!!!!!!! GBO is the biggest outdoor site on the net. Yes I still tell pepole about it but I think it is safe to say the word is out there for sure. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 11:34:55 AM »
That's good to know, I have a couple of friends that lurk around here but they don't seem to want to join. I don't know why, they're probably waiting til they need a question answered.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 03:37:54 PM »
I read this site for 3 months or so before I signed up, that may surprise some as vocal as I am now, but I just didn't do anything but the most basic with computers. I sure many do the same.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline no guns here

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »
I for one can't stand most of the other sites.  I only go there to search for information.  I come here for conversation.  A hearty "Thanks" to GB and to his moderators for ensuring the discussions and arguments here aren't allowed to degenerate to a level that would force me away.  I have no desire to wade through name call and flame wars to try to enjoy a read or to get an opinion.

ngh
"I feared for my life!"