Author Topic: New Ruger LCP  (Read 1219 times)

Offline handi243

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
New Ruger LCP
« on: May 02, 2008, 05:12:51 AM »
We got 2 of these pistols in they are very well built much better than the keltec that they copied. The biggest part is the trigger the keltec has a very curved trigger that digs into the bottom part of your finger(those of use that have large hands) the action is smoother on the LCP also i haven't shot one but it looks like it will be a good one. And yes they sold VERY FAST!!

Offline Doghunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New Ruger LCP
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 05:20:23 PM »
Just  ;D ;D

Offline Doghunter

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 05:25:33 PM »
I just bought one the other day. ran 150 (3 box's ) of 90 gr fmj  and not one malfunction.  Really a sweet little 380 and not a bad shooter for what it is made for !!!

Offline jay4au

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 09:31:10 AM »
Bought one last week for $289 from Academy Sports and Outdoors.  Cleaned it and put 70 rounds of wwb and two magazines of Cor Bon and Golden Sabers through it with no malfunction of any kind.  Went back to the range yesterday and put another 50 wwb and 20 rounds of very old Winchester "Western" hollow points.  Once again, the pistol performed perfectly.  It fits great in a Nemesis (sp) pocket holster.  I'm well pleased, indeed, with the lcp so for.

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 02:13:12 PM »
  ive learned my .380 kel tec..  .. ive padded the grip so it fits my hand perfect..
 i shoot the appropriate protection ammo and even dirty it goes bang every time i pull the trigger..i can stand at 15 ft and fill another rds hole 3out of 5 times..
  im just trying to think what else i could ask for..the padding nullified the problem with the long trigger..in truth im the best with this little gun than ive ever been with any handgun ive owned ..including my 22s.,in short ive adjusted some and its now the best gun tool i have..oh yea ,and it just sets there in my pocket until i need it.
nobody ever suspects its there.so your ruger  should be good as its fasioned after the
 best protection gun i have .. but better is as better does .. i couldn t ask anymore of any gun than to excel at what its made for.. this gun does...i guess u can tell we kinda buddies now so i got its back and its got mine.. enjoy u gun
 :)

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 10:03:44 AM »
Still can't get my wife to carry a S&W Airweight. The Kel-Tec was a dud, so I put a deposit down on the Ruger yesterday. They can't get enough of 'em. I wish I could get her to at least carry the Sig .380, but it's "too big." Gee. Well, at least the Ruger can't be any worse than the Kel-Tec.

I have heard that the Kel-Tec mags will fit the Ruger. Anyone know about this?
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline sidekick

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 01:57:01 PM »
Tried one in the store where I bought my LCP. It locked in place but wiggled around alot. They have different baseplates. I have no idea if they actually function, but I don't believe I would be real confident with one as a backup due to the loose fit. Just my opinion and the store clerk's as well. I plan to e-mail Ruger to see if extra mags can be purchased from them.