Author Topic: I need moral support!  (Read 370 times)

Offline JamesIII

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
I need moral support!
« on: June 10, 2008, 01:12:06 PM »
Went to the big city today for a Dr. appointment, afterwards the wife and I stopped at a sporting goods store. Right there on the shelf calling out my name was a Tracker II 20 Ga, NS prefix, mint condition. Now I just purchased a new 20 Ga USH last march so the impulse to purchase was not overwhelming, but the price was $99.00. With a little smooshing a guy might get it out the door for that (7% tax). Worse than that was the wife saying "do what ever you want, Fathers day is next week". We made it home without it following us, but now I hear it calling my name over and over. I now know I am a "handiholic" and this is getting unbearable. I should of taken up drinking, it's cheaper and you can find a support group in ever bar. Heck, I even forgot to pickup the buckhammers for sighting in the USH. JamesIII

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: I need moral support!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 01:15:10 PM »
That's the way it works, it's too late for ya now, you might just as well fess up now and inform the wife of the affliction!! ;D

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 02:27:06 PM »
Since there is no known cure I can but offer this advice, RUN, do not walk back to that store and buy that Tracker II. If you don't get there soon enough it will be gone and you will remember the foolish mistake you made by not buying it forever. I stiil remember my foolish mistakes as do others here I am sure. And Happy Father's Day, you deserve it!!....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline JamesIII

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 03:08:36 PM »
I thought I would print out a picture of it and put the store name on it. Kind of leave it laying around where the kids can see it, maybe they'll get the hint. I sound like an alcoholic hiding bottles around the house! If their is no activity by Saturday, I think I'll get it myself. I really think the wife will direct the youngsters a little. Heck the 2 oldest will use it more than I will. Would that make my family enablers? JamesIII