Author Topic: We are the laughing stock of the world  (Read 2065 times)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: We are the laughing stock of the world
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 07:39:46 AM »
  Alaska needs to send out the drilling crews and just start drilling. Put the National guard out there if the Feds try to interrupt. Other states will soon follow suit and put up refineries of their own. It'ds not about polar bears and its not about this silly kindergaden global warming fantacey. It's about control, plain and simple. I'm tired of these fruitcakes who have been educted beyond their intelligence level making laws and regulations, when they have no personal experiance in the workings of the world.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2008, 02:31:41 PM »
 Dee;
  I knew we had good reserves, but was not aware that we possessed that great a percentage of the known reserves..that is great news ! We surely could be
   energy independent, but some folks in congress just want to cripple their own country..and I mean congress..no matter which side is in the majority.
  They have been sitting on their duffs for over 30 years since 1973, fully aware that we needed a comprehensive program.
   I can only deduct that either a lot of congress people "hate America' or they are "on the take" from OPEC..there is no other explanation that makes any kind
   of sense !

Congress could sit down RIGHT NOW and pass a law that encourages all out drilling in continental US and on the continental shelf..holding ANWR in emergency
  if need be. They could design this law to reserve if necessary, all this oil for internal consumption..
  Build the refineries necessary and buy only such crude as we need to "fill the gap". Then they could take all those billions going into useless "pork" and direct it
  to be used for finding alternate energy sources and technology..
   ..But will they do this simple thing...don't hold your breath while waiting ...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2008, 03:17:19 PM »
First they would have to sit down and repeal 42 or 43 laws and amendments to laws that prohibit drilling in many areas. This is madness on the part of congress and the senate. They are for the most part folks whom have never ran their own business, or any business for that matter, and some have never really even had a job.
Everyone now is calling Kennedy the lion of the senate since he has gotten sick but, the truth of the matter is, he is a  spoiled, elitist, rich boy, whom has never had a job, and is one of the chief principles in this mess, that we the American public are having to suffer thru and deal with. He has been reeking havoc on our way of life with his self-righteous voting for 40+ years, and the damage he has helped conjure up in his tenure will take decades to defuse, if it can be defused. While everyone is feeling sorry for him this weekend, he is racing his expensive sail boat.
The only time there is not grid-lock in the senate and congress, is when they vote THEMSELVES a pay raise or benefits increase. YOU NEVER HEAR OF "ANY" CONFLICT AMOUNG PARTIES WHEN THIS IS BEING DONE. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2008, 04:02:18 PM »
Not a word of sympathy for ted outta her i think he should have been sent to jail instead 40 years in congress. Some of his damage will never be repaired this crisis we are in not is the results of his and his friends policies and they could care less about you ask YOUR reps why hasn't this been fixed in the time between the crisis of the 70's and now. Really ask them and see if you get a reply.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2008, 10:22:58 PM »
Congress keeps saying it will be at least 10 years before oil from ANWR can be brought to market, therefore it is a non player.  But the oil companies have a different story, they say three years because it is only 45 miles from where they want to drill to the collection point for the Alaska Pipeline.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2008, 01:17:04 AM »
   Congress..what a bunch of pass-the-buck wimps that wouldn't know the truth if it hit them between the eyes ! I do excuse the minority whoever they are,
    who had the courage to buck the "anti-American" crowd..
           This bunch of saps have crippled our economy and our nation by their anti American actions ! They whine about how it would take "ten years" to get
    the oil on line if they voted for it now ! Frankly, I think they are intentionally LYING..to cover for whoever bought them off..be it Sierra club radicals or the
   Saudi royal family !
       What has been left unsaid, is that if congress had gotten off their lazy, greedy butts and put through comprehensive legislation as soon as they knew the
   problem was looming..we would have been using that oil for the past twenty years ! ...DUH
   Instead, many chose to exacerbate the problem, by voting the abundant reserves off shore and in ANWR "off limits" while every other country in the oil business
   are at this moment, sucking OUR reserves away with offshore drilling !
   They also voted against new refineries..just in case we did get enough oil somehow and many don't want wind power.  Can you think of any better way to give our
   national economy a sucker punch ?..The same idiots also voted against new nuclear power plants,..but they keep Heating & cooling their mansions, flying in private jets
   and riding their fat posteriors in limos..

Then we see someone like Bob "sheets" Byrd, making a spectacle of himself, blubbering how he "loves" Teddy Kennedy..well fine !..But he should remember,
   the mother of Teddy's children doesn't love Teddy that much !

Is it any wonder some disenchanted folks were into celebrating Guy Fawkes Day ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)