Author Topic: How Many Rebates Not to Pay to Increase Profit?  (Read 384 times)

Offline Siskiyou

• Trade Count: (0)
How Many Rebates Not to Pay to Increase Profit?
« on: June 05, 2008, 07:27:32 AM »
Last November my hunting partner and I both purchased Federal Ammunition.  One of the decisions in the purchase was the $5 a box rebate.  We bought two boxes each and were entitled to $10 bucks each.

I called Federal on March 31, 2008 because I had not received a check nor had my hunting partner.  Federal rebate center told me that a check had been issued to both of us.  I had them check and no checks made out to us had been cashed.  I was told that new checks would be issued.

I called today, June 5, 2008, and basically was told that Federal would not allow them to pay because the rebate period had passed.  Otherwise So Sad, To Bad. 

Rebate non-payment is one of the biggest scams going; clearly some manufactures do not plan on paying rebates.  I am rather disappointed, I thought Federal was a stand-up outfit, but I must remember with the restructuring of the American Industrial base, what was yesterday is no longer true today.

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,141847.msg1098565514.html#msg1098565514

I have been spoiled by Garmin rebates, I have purchased two Garmin units during a rebate period and I received the promised rebate.  Friends have also purchased Garmin units upon my recommendation during a rebate period and have received their rebate check. 

I realize that rebates are a method of getting a buyers attention and making the sale.  I might be a little tight fisted, if the up front price without rebate is not good I will not buy.  Fortunately the Federal ammunition was an in store promotion and I would have purchased it anyway, but when I told my son-in-law (hunting partner) who is raising four daughters about the rebate, it became an economic incentive. 

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/06/05/15/rebate_scams_how_i_deceive_the_heck_out_of_you_with_consumer_rebates.htm

http://www.fresnofamous.com/blog/brattybrat/shoppers_beware_of_rebate_scams

What has Federal gained by my rebate application, they now have my e-mail address and send me product information on a regular bases.  Funny how they retained my address, but could not send me a rebate check.  I will be adding Federal to my Spam Blocker.  In effect Federal is using the rebate offer to mine for consumer contacts for their database, which has a commercial value.
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: How Many Rebates Not to Pay to Increase Profit?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 05:27:25 PM »
Good to know and is pure BS on their part. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!