Author Topic: need some information-Tamer  (Read 595 times)

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
need some information-Tamer
« on: May 24, 2008, 01:04:59 PM »
Hello Men. Hows everyone doin? Need some info. on the H&R Tamer. I'd like to know how both the 410 & 20 shoot slugs, like what can be expected for accuracy even at just 20 yards? Hows the recoil with that kind of stock? I understand that both 410 & 20 are full choke, so shooting shot ought to be just fine. In my old 410, I shot remington 11/16 oz. #6 and this patterned good, but this was a much longer barrel. Do you think barrel length makes a difference? Okay then. I sure do appreciate anyones helpful information. Thanks! scout4<><

Offline STUMPJMPR

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: need some information-Tamer
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 02:01:17 AM »
at 20 yards with slugs you should hit what your shooting at...Full chokes aren't the best for slugs but they will shoot out of any choke....As far as the choke goes a full choke shoots about the same out of any barrel length....20 yards will be about max for the 410 and 40 yards would be about max for the 20

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 05:10:01 AM »
scout4

From what I have found the full choke is not going to be as much of an issue as the sight picture of the Tamer , with it only having a bead front and no rear site you are just guessing as to were your shot will be unless you spend some time to test it out .

As for the stock , I happen to like the ones that I have owned , the recoil is on par with what you will get with the standard Tupperwear Monti-carlo's from H&R , and I do like the idea of extra shells in the stock .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 05:11:43 AM »
I've got a 410 tamer barrel that needs to be tested, maybe I can let you know later today.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 06:08:40 PM »
I'm not a marksman and I can put 3 in the red with my 410 Tamer.  I have wood stocks on it, just because I don't really care for the Tamer stocks.
I have handled a 20ga Tamer at Gander Mtn.  It had a Mod choke on it.  Still haven't picked one up, but plan to very soon.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 01:39:11 AM »
Thank You Men very much for your information! As always I appreciate your input. stimpylu32 is that type of stock dense enough to screw in sling swivel studs? Thanks for your reply! Hey Cookiemann! you know the 410 I had modified to be a slug shooter, had to sell it :'( ...lookin now for just  a good little field gun and figured one of these would work well for that. Have a great day! scout4<><

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 04:58:22 AM »
scout4

Ya , its just like you would do with wood , pre drill a pilot hole and screw in the stud on the butt , as for the forarm those are the same as they use on all the Syn, models , it may or may not be pre drilled but it has a place to put one .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped