Author Topic: Ohio troopers  (Read 746 times)

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Ohio troopers
« on: May 27, 2008, 03:59:07 AM »
Mini-van driving about 20mph over the speed limit, on the Ohio turnpike. Ohio State Patrol sitting on the side of the highway, pulls out and gets right up behind the van. It doesn't slow down for a couple miles, so the trooper turns on his lights and pulls the van over. As he walks up beside the van, the old lady rolls down her window. He says, ''you were going kinda fast,and if you would have slowed down, I probably wouldn't have to write you a ticket''. She says,''I seen you behind me, but thought that you probably just wanted me to stop to buy some tickets to the policeman's ball!!'' With that, the trooper says,''Maam, Ohio Troopers don't have balls!!'' With that being said, he got in his car and left. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Ohio troopers
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 09:10:46 AM »
Mini-van driving about 20mph over the speed limit, on the Ohio turnpike. Ohio State Patrol sitting on the side of the highway, pulls out and gets right up behind the van. It doesn't slow down for a couple miles, so the trooper turns on his lights and pulls the van over. As he walks up beside the van, the old lady rolls down her window. He says, ''you were going kinda fast,and if you would have slowed down, I probably wouldn't have to write you a ticket''. She says,''I seen you behind me, but thought that you probably just wanted me to stop to buy some tickets to the policeman's ball!!'' With that, the trooper says,''Maam, Ohio Troopers don't have balls!!'' With that being said, he got in his car and left. gypsyman

That's not as bad as Pennsylvania Troopers.  My wife and I went back to Pa from Alaska to visit elderly relatives.  PA license plates have the same color sceme as Alaska plates.  While traveling on a 2 lane back road at 15 mph above the 55 limit, a PA trooper car came toward us.  I eased off the gas pedal and seen the Trooper pull into a farm lane.  I stepped on the gas again and looked in the mirror.  The trooper came up fast and pulled me over.  He told me that he was pulling me over for not having an Inspection Mechanical sticker in the lower left of the front window.  The trooper parked directly behind me.  I told the trooper that if I knew one was necessary, that I would have gotten one before I came to PA.  He said all residents had to have an IM sticker.  I told him I was from Alaska.  He looked stunned and actually went to the rear of my truck to look at the plates.  When he came back to the side window, he appologized profusely.  With a smile I couldn't help it.  I asked him that he could see, at 110 mph closure, an IM sticker about 2" square was misssing from my window, but at a dead stop from 20' feet away, he could't recognize another states license plate?  He looked a bit sheepish, then I chuckled, and said I bet you don't tell this story in the showup room.  He grinned, said not likely, thanked me and said have a nice day.  And I thought I was going to get a ticket for sure.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
Re: Ohio troopers
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 09:31:01 AM »
New York State Troopers:
A truck delivering to our plant was stopped by a trooper on the Thruway.  The trooper asks:  Do you know why I stopped you?  The driver answers: What's the matter, did you forget already?  It was a very expensive day for the trucker!