Author Topic: Davidson's ?  (Read 674 times)

Offline tgriffin

• Trade Count: (0)
Davidson's ?
« on: May 31, 2008, 11:56:28 AM »
Has anyone purchased a gun thru Davidson's Gallery of Guns?  Pros/Cons?
US Army Retired.
LM:NRA,GOA, & MOAA.

Offline njanear

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
    • www.geocities.com/njanear13
Re: Davidson's ?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 02:53:20 PM »
Davidson's is a supplier and not a dealer - many dealers go through them though (you can search their site to find the dealers closest to you).  They have the buying power to get the manufacturers to make numerous "Davidson's specials" such as my Ruger Vaquero convertibles (.45ACP/.45 Colt), and offer a lifetime guarantee on any firearms that were purchased through them (I haven't had any issues, so I can't offer personal testimony on this - but I still filled out the web form just in case something goes wrong some day).
Njanear 
    12B/21B - Combat Engineer, the way to B           1985 - 1996 GaARNG
Atlanta, GA

Offline tgriffin

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 03:54:25 PM »
You can go on line and purchase a gun thru Davidson's and they will ship it to a dealer of your choice where you make the final payment and complete all paperwork.
Their prices don't look to bad. My dealer can beat them sometimes but not everytime.

Just looking for feedback.
US Army Retired.
LM:NRA,GOA, & MOAA.

Offline towpro

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 04:28:55 PM »
I find the 3 of the dealers I frequent will be asking less then Davidsons if they already have the gun in stock.
Might even be able to order it for you for less.

Offline Slufoot

• Trade Count: (21)
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 09:15:26 AM »
I've got a few guns that came from Davidson's, one of them is a Ruger 22/45 Competition Target Model, it's a Davidson's exclusive.
I was cleaning the barrel one day and noticed it had a bulge inside the barrel. I contacted my dealer who ordered it from Davidson's for me and told him about the barrel. He told me to bring it by and let him send it back, he sent it back to Ruger and a few weeks later they sent a bill stating that it would cost some where around $100 to get it fixed (I can't remember the exact price). My dealer was furious about the bill and told Ruger to just send it back without fixing it, when he recieved the gun back he then shipped it to Davidson's and they sent a new pistol, no questions asked!
Since that incident I have made it a point to try and get my guns through Davidson's, they stand behind their guns better than the factory does, at least that has been my experience with them.

GOOD SHOOTING!
Slufoot

Offline dpe.ahoy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 11:58:44 AM »
What was Ruger's response on the bulge in the barrel?  Did they blame you??  That ain't right, glad Davidsons stood behind it.  DP.
RIP Oct 27, 2017

Handi's:22Shot, 22LR, 2-22Mag, 22Hornet, 5-223, 2-357Max, 44 mag, 2-45LC, 7-30 Waters, 7mm-08, 280, 25-06, 30-30, 30-30AI, 444Marlin, 45-70, AND 2-38-55s, 158 Topper 22 Hornet/20ga. combo;  Levers-Marlins:Two 357's, 44 mag, 4-30-30s, RC-Glenfields 36G-30A & XLR, 3-35 Rem, M-375, 2-444P's, 444SS, 308 MX, 338Marlin MXLR, 38-55 CB, 45-70 GS, XS7 22-250 and 7mm08;  BLR's:7mm08, 358Win;  Rossi: 3-357mag, 44mag, 2-454 Casull; Winchesters: 7-30 Waters, 45Colt Trapper; Bolt actions, too many;  22's, way too many.  Who says it's an addiction?

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 05:23:55 AM »
As a dealer I have ordered a couple of guns from Davidson's which I couldn't find elsewhere but I can nearly always get them cheaper from several other sources. My other issue with Davidson's is that they don't accept payment by credit card, as a gunsmith I may order only a few guns per year and for me, credit card is the only practical method of payment.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline Dusty Wheeler

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 07:07:28 AM »
+1 for Coyotejoe!  Accusport and Lipsey's get much more of my business.  Davidson's wants a dealer to buy at least $10,000 in guns a year to maintain their preferred pricing and on-line store and a bunch of gunsmiths and small dealers just can't sell that much.  I ordered 2 on-sale Handi's from Accusport (at a better price than Davidson's) and got 2 day FedEx shipping at no charge!

I will say that they do stand by their lifetime replacement policy.  I've had to send a couple guns back and they were replaced with no questions asked.

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 09:59:58 AM »
I think I have bought four guns from Davidson's with absolutely zero problems, so I am a fan.  ;D  Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline WILD_WEASEL

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 10:13:09 AM »
I've bought two guns through Davidon's in the recent past. Most shops in California seam to sell at MSRP, by using Davidson's I was able to get the guns I wanted out the door, all fees included, for around $100 under MSRP.  One gun I ordered while on a recent trip the the Middle East and had it waiting for me when  I got home.  A bit of advice try a couple ZIP Codes, in the Locater, that are close to you and compare pricing as most shops have a different mark-ups.