Author Topic: Say Deputy!  (Read 768 times)

Offline lostone1413

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Say Deputy!
« on: July 22, 2003, 01:10:14 PM »
Think I read you are on the Detroit police force. Here in Arizona when I took my CCW classes  my instructor said at one time he was on the Detroit police force. He said in the class that in a shoot out at 21feet even a trained policeman hits on an average of only 13% of the shots were he wants them to go. You believe this is true?? I was wondering when a rookie has to be qualified on the range how far does he have to shoot ,the size of the target ,and what percentage of the shots have to hit the target to pass?? Here to get the CCW licence you shoot at 10yards at a 6x10inch target and you have to hit 80% in the target.Would you say that is tuffer then what they want the rookies to shoot anymore and if it is why you think they got to that point. To me the policeman givin the job they have should be some of the best shooters around Chuck (Cottonwood,AZ.)

Offline DEPUTY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
Say Deputy!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 02:19:36 PM »
trouble is the current type of training is weak! most depts what the bare amount to be kept safe in crt ! yes i know it sounds backwards  but they dont want to be trianing killers! lol !  the current is a pass fail class with 15yds being the max  on humanoid targets !  myself i teach several advanced classes each year and to other depts!  and ccw classes my classes are pass/fail using different targets usually in the same area of what your guy is using! along with a lot of use of cover and hostage targets and verbal commands!  iam trying to get the state to change the courses to be a bit harder with less round counts(200) rnds is standard! i like a 100 rnd count! for depts!  in my civilian classes i teach in advanced  and officers wee shot about 800 rnds a day  and 1700 in a 2 day class