Author Topic: Galileo Binoclars  (Read 519 times)

Offline SoftPoint

• Trade Count: (0)
Galileo Binoclars
« on: June 03, 2008, 04:42:26 AM »
Anyone have any reviews, experience, or opinions on Galileo Binoculars?

Offline EsoxLucius

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Galileo Binoclars
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 06:45:54 AM »
They obviously are junk.  Even their G-1042PC phase coated waterproof roof prism binoculars ($150 for 10x42mm from overstock.com) do not compare favorably with other binoculars which cost the same.  Most of what they have is not waterproof.  There are better alternatives.
We learn something new everyday whether we want to or not.

Offline tgriffin

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 07:35:06 AM »
Not worth the money. I bought a pair from NAHC at a  supposedly good price for Lifers. They were rated and approved by their testers. Junk!
US Army Retired.
LM:NRA,GOA, & MOAA.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 10:55:12 AM »
Not worth the money. I bought a pair from NAHC at a  supposedly good price for Lifers. They were rated and approved by their testers. Junk!

The NAHC ratings are a joke. They never ever publish a negative on anything and no matter what is reviewed it is gonna be approved even if the testers return negative reviews. I've sent in several negative reviews on the junk they've sent me other the years and never once has one been reported. In fact after the first such negative it was many years before they sent me another item to review. I've done my last review for them as they only want to hear glowing reports and anything else gets trashed.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline tgriffin

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 11:33:49 AM »
+1 GB. I have done several test for them, also. Each one was a negative report and it was never used. They finally told me if I couldn't write something positive, just don't write anything.
I don't even go to the website any more due to a $21.00 calender ::) >:(
US Army Retired.
LM:NRA,GOA, & MOAA.

Offline jager

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 12:04:08 PM »
Ditto, GB! I'm glad to know why they don't use me as a "tester" anymore; I refuse to recommend "snake oil" and "shoddy" products. I take their recommendations with a "grain of salt".  As a long time Life Member, I've been very disapointed in what their organization has become.