Author Topic: kinda disappointed  (Read 1052 times)

Offline wyohandi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • NE Wyoming
kinda disappointed
« on: October 09, 2008, 04:03:29 PM »
I guess I thought this should be the most visited forum on the site.
I don't know about everyone else but when my daughters want to shoot
or go hunting I jump at the chance if at all possible. I don't get to spend
nearly enough time with them, and the TV and most of their friends aren't
the best influence in my opinion.
When my daughter got her moose this year I was one of those guys, pictures
out telling the story,until everyone I know heard it.
When my 9yr old wants to shoot and I ask her what and she gets that ear to ear
grin, I know ( she likes that AR-15 way too much) we're going to put a big dent
in my ammo supply and have a great time doing it!

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Re: kinda disappointed
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 04:52:30 PM »
There may not be the huge volume of posts here, but I guarantee that the vast majority, if not all,  of this website is 100% behind youth hunting and shooting.
It will pick up again once hunting pics start rollling in.
There's alot of proud dads (and moms) out there, believe me
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline wyohandi

• Avid Poster
  • NE Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 05:11:06 AM »
Huge volume? there has only been seven posts on here this year!
and two of them are mine.

I'm gonna try to get more involved.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 05:27:16 AM »
Once upon a time we had a moderator for this forum and he more or less kept things moving but that's no longer the case. It's never been very active to be honest. The youths we have here seem to prefer to post in the other forums rather than here and in fact seem to try to hide the fact they are youths even. The parents even when talking of their kids hunting and shooting tend to do it in the forums they frequent not here. This one has kinda become an orphan.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 05:41:58 AM »
I have no numbers to back this up but...  It seems to me that this forum has been losing hunters and gaining both shooters and crazies for the several years I've been here.  It seems like it has gotten worse lately.  Just take a gander at the "new topics" list and you'll find that an incredible percentage have more to do with nutjob ideologies or technical shooting questions than actual hunting.  Even many of the hunting threads are really more about technical aspects of shooting.

I think the start of the Round the Stove section, and the Bible section have made this change possible.  I also think the unrelenting monotony of some of the crazies has driven reasonable people away.  After a while it just gets so old.

Please note that I'm not calling shooters crazy.  Two distinct groups that have nothing to do with each other.  And I'm not criticising GB, just making an observation.  Take a gander at Eastmans or Bowsite for real, hardcore, hunters.  They might have the type of reaction you're looking for.

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 12:27:14 AM »
 I agree with dukkillr . Even though I have only been on the forum a short time. I think part of the lack of participation is people dont know this forum is here. I just recently used the scrolling button and found it. It is so far down the list. I do read the forums that pertain to what I shoot. This way I can try to become a little more accurate. I am not a technical shooter(not steady enough). I guess I could be a crazy I have a few Black Rifles. ;)

Lonny

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 01:21:22 AM »
What's wrong with being crazy?  I love to hunt.  I didn't even know we had a Youth Hunting & Shooting Forum.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Kurt L

• Trade Count: (15)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 01:40:42 AM »
I have also posted to try to get some action,but I think
as Bill said most don't want to be known as youth hunters and
go over to other forums to post.
KURT LGo TO RIFLE RED RYDER SUPER MAG CARBINE