Author Topic: Post Turtle  (Read 733 times)

Offline Cowpox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Post Turtle
« on: May 28, 2008, 05:18:16 PM »
A 75 year old Texas rancher had cut his hand in a gate while working with his cattle.

The doctor who was stitching his hand struck up a conversation with the old rancher, and the topic soon turned to Obama's bid for President.

The old rancher commented that he saw Obama as a "post turtle".

The doctor, unfamiliar with the term, asked what a post turtle was.

The old rancher replied, "Well, you're driving down a back road, and you come across a post with a turtle balanced on top of it. He's a post turtle."

Seeing the puzzled look on the doctor's face, he continued.  "As soon as you see it, you know four things. The turtle didn't get there by himself, he doesn't belong there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you wonder what kind of idiot put him there."

I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline hillbill

Re: Post Turtle
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 03:28:06 AM »
my god cowpox, thats the most accurate description of him ive ever heard. i imagine now every time i see him ill think of him on top of a post with his limbs waveing around asking everyone in sight, what do i do now, what do i do now?

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
Re: Post Turtle
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 06:11:56 AM »
A great description it is, and I only wish I had thought it up.  But it was an email joke I received, and seemed to need passing along.
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox