Author Topic: Ok All, A Little Help Here  (Read 405 times)

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
Ok All, A Little Help Here
« on: July 02, 2008, 04:50:14 PM »
I'm thinking to purchase a laser range finder.  I don't want to spend over $200. if I can help it.  My requirements are ease of use, accuracy within 2 yards, max range 800 yds, measured distances while panning, and 350 yard effective range on soft or indistinct targets .   I'd like the advice from users who own laser range finders regarding any with these limitation in mind.  Help.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Ok All, A Little Help Here
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 05:08:40 PM »
You're kidding yourself unless you find some kind sole willing to sell you a used one at a give away price. What you're looking for is not on the new market.

The features you're looking for are gonna cost you more than $200. The Bushnell range finders are about the lowest cost for features offered out there. But that 350/800 yard range you're looking for puts you up near the upper end of their product line really. As far as I know all current range finders claim an accuracy of one yard not two so that's not a problem.

I suspect you're looking more along the lines of $300-$350 to get what you want.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ok All, A Little Help Here
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 10:27:22 AM »
I`ve owned 3 different 800 yrd. range finders, a Bushnell, a Nikon and a Leupold. With any of them at 400 yrds. you may or may not be able to range a deer size target. What you do is range a tree of other large target that is not moveing close to your target. When rangeing coyotes or groundhogs I usually end up rangeing something clsoe because my rifle will shoot flate enough that I don`t need to range them if the range finder can hit them. If I were you I would try some of the different brands out befor you buy because there is a very good chance that you will not be willing to spend the price for what you want.