Author Topic: Hunt of a Lifetime hunt  (Read 648 times)

Offline denvas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Hunt of a Lifetime hunt
« on: November 25, 2003, 03:30:49 PM »
My company, Blue Wonder Gun Care Products, will be hosting a young man with leukemia on his dream hunt Dec 1-4 on the Rio Bonito ranch near Junction, Texas. Even though the hunt is scheduled to be for a mature whitetail buck the youngman told me last night that he really wants to take an axis buck instead. Gwen, the Rio Bonito manager, has decided to allow him to take either a whitetail, axis, sika, fallow, blackbuck or one of her rams. Along with the excellent bass fishing the ranch is known for, this should be a good hunt.
Denvas
May the wind always blow in your face and the sun always shine over your shoulder. Then your prey will be unable to smell you and unable to see you until after they hear the crack of your shot!

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Hunt of a Lifetime hunt
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 03:42:18 AM »
I see several different companies/organizations are doing this type of thing.  I think it is excellent.  Keep up the good work and I hope the lad does well.

long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline crow_feather

Hunt of a Lifetime hunt
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 04:46:16 AM »
Denvas

May the wind always blow in your face and the sun always shine over your shoulder. Then your prey will be unable to smell you and unable to see you until after they hear the crack of your shot!

No offense intended - but do you want your prey to hear the crack of your shot?

I hunted Texas this year and was impressed with everything I saw.  But they do have some little bugs that crawl up your legs and tear the heck out of your hide.  

May your company and the ranch be rewarded by the glow on the young man's face when he succeeds in his endeavor.  You will always have that smile to remember and the satisfaction of a gift that will not only make a youg man jubilant, but will bring a smile and warm glow to all that hear of his pleasure.

C F
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline Dave in WV

Hunt of a Lifetime hunt
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2003, 04:56:23 AM »
Outstanding !!! May your company always prosper and the employees be happy with their work. I hope the lad has a great hunt. Dave
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline denvas

• Avid Poster
Hunt of a Lifetime report
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 11:35:35 AM »
Well it was a bit warmer than I really like for hunting but our young hunter was finally able to connect with the buck of his choice late Wednesday afternoon. Coby and his dad enjoyed a 3 day hunt on the Rio Bonito under the able guiding of Donnie Pope. While at the ranch they were able to view the regular inhabitants of the region such as whitetail deer, Rio Grande Turkeys, feral hogs, porcupines and various varmints. In addition to these locals they enjoyed the opportunity to view such strange new comers as scimitar horned oryx, axis deer, fallow deer, sika deer, blackbuck antelope, eland, Corsican rams and their various cousins, aoudad, impala, bison, and many more species that call the Rio Bonito home. At first Coby wanted to take that whitetail buck of his dreams but as he saw more and more of the different exotics which inhabit that part of the Lone Star state he changed his mind and began hunting for an axis or sika buck instead. Coby found the sika buck of his choice with barely an hour of daylight left on the last day of his hunt. After making a clean one shot kill, we had to really hold onto the ropes as we tried to prevent him from floating away on the clouds. After pictures and congratulations, ranch manager Gwen Hughes invited Coby to stick around for an extra day and try his hand at feral hog hunting. All in all we had a good trip and enjoyed the hospitality of the folks at the Rio Bonito.
Denvas

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Hunt of a Lifetime hunt
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2003, 12:35:03 PM »
Got any pics of the lad?

long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline denvas

• Avid Poster
Hunt of a Lifetime hunt
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2003, 02:38:00 AM »
As promised here is a link to a picture of Coby, his dad and the sika buck he took on his Hunt of a Lifetime. http://www.hunt101.com/img/077213.jpg
Denvas