Author Topic: Get the chip today  (Read 1211 times)

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
Re: Get the chip today
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 04:44:02 AM »
This is pretty wild
i can see where it would help find kidnaped kids, but do All kids get one?
to be fair all kids should be protected but then we have a whole generation of
people wearing chips, unless you can have it removed at a certian age.
what about people with alzhiemers?
what about convicted crimainals
I don't think it will help much because of the price, what ever it is, most people won't go for it.
I think it would be good for people who WANT AND NEED IT
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline ~Ace~

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 05:31:27 AM »
Mark of the Beast

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 06:47:14 AM »
Mark of the Beast

I've been saying that for some time.  The technology is finally here to allow for real-time tracking of individuals and money-less buying.  Is antichrist far behind?  I have recently met several truckers and had the opportunity to sit in a new tractor.  They are now real-time monitored by the company, and the company can actually shut down the truck via satellite.

I read about a Christian activist (is that the right term?) in London, England who commented that the traffic monitoring camera near his home is always pointed at his front door.  Coincidence?  The cameras are all over the place supposedly for monitoring traffic conditions and tracking drivers who have broken a law.

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 07:30:03 AM »
I read one camera for every 14 UK citizens!

Don't know if these chips are the mark of the beast, but obviously the technology, and DESIRE, is there. I'm amazed at how open people are to this technology and its use.

Another scary thing is the radio frequency tags on items.  It's on more things than we think. The positive, and promoted, side is instant warehouse inventoring and item tracking from factory to consumer.  The downside is that those items are emitting that signal from your house and can be tracked.......

"Our scans indicate that you have at least 425 rds of ammo in your house, 2 Bibles, and a large supply of canned goods.  NCIS records show you've purchased quite a few guns in the last few years.  Also, GPS tracking of your cellphone show you've visited with some other individuals we've been monitoring.  We'll need to take a look around just to make sure everything's ok and legal and all."
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 07:37:30 AM »
So that's that dash-dot-dash I hear late at night , those tags telling all they know !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 08:00:27 AM »
Yeah, I forgot about the RF chips.  Just think, scanners can determine your shopping habits just by what you are wearing and carrying, and track your movements even without the implantable chips.  And good ole' WalMart is in the forefront of that as well!

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 08:10:38 AM »
On many web pages, the pop-up ads are tailored directly to you based on your previous credit card/website purchases.

Many of us just shake our heads and smile in amazement at all this technology and say "How'd they know that?"

I fear a day will come when you get a knock on your door. This time your smile is replaced with fear when you say "How'd they know that?"
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 09:23:41 AM »
Let's get past the "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you" BS and the "We're doing it for the chirrun" BS and even the "one child lost is one too many" BS.  It is one more step down the slippery slope to total control by big brother. 

How many children are actually kidnapped in a year??  What PERCENTAGE?  Discount the ones taken by a spouse that has been royally screwed by the court and the other half of the ex-marriage is using the kid(s) as a bargaining chip or as a way to extract a further pound of flesh. 

People wonder why they know so much about you?? By opening up links like that.  I don't do it because of the cookies and spam that inevitably follow it into your computer. 

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 10:32:05 AM »
I am glad i do not have to live in fear of what someone knows about me, the gov.
already does, i just don't have anything to hide. I am just not that important
that
anyone would go to any trouble to find out what i am doing.

I don't remember hearing anything about it being mandatory, so i guess no one has to take
that step down the slope.
But we can continue to look for all the bad it will bring.
Rex

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
I went in Lowe's to get a new dryer , they ask my address and they had a screen full of imformation asked which card i wanted use and all i did was sign . No one is to un-important !

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 10:45:04 AM »
so how does the fact that Lowe's saved the info. from your last purchase make you important,
it is just bus. and any time you do bus. with some store they do the same.
If you carry only cash and answer no questions, you won't have this problem.
Rex

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 11:52:34 AM »
I was asked by Circuit City a few days ago for a phone number.  I told them I spend cash and I don't give any personal info.  They said they had to have a phone number.......I said make it 9999999.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 02:58:47 AM »
Since I bought my last truck -2005- I have received at least one call a day offering to sell me some sort of auto related product: insurance, extended warrentry, loss recovery, etc. With little dabs of demographics here and little bits there, they can draw quite a picture of you.

REX, one the the biggies that the cops and others play on now is "IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, why shouldn't we be allowed to search your car, home, person, draw blood, and so forth at will?"

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 10:13:17 AM »
Yeeeees, TM. You know that and I know that but its been brainwashed into the younger folks that have watched 14 hours of TV a day since they were able to sit unassisted. 
And too, what about when the cops start their intimidation crap that they learn in bad ass 101 of going over your car in minute detail for infractions and having you step out of the car to be handcuffed whilst they call in your license and verify your VIN number --no no, it's just routine procedure, I'm here to protect and serve don'tchaknow-- or telling you that you're gonna sit there for xxx hours whilst they get a search warrant and so forth. 

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 01:02:25 AM »
I believe you can go to an electronics store and purchase equipment to identify which appliances (telephone, microwave, cable/dish box, tv, computer, etc.,) are giving off tracking signals - that should tell you who and what has been keeping their eyes on you.  Check your car and truck too. 

You may not be able to identify the signal, as to tracking location but you will know what possessions you own that have tracking devices. 

Oh, if I have nothing to hide why should they not be allowed to search - because I have nothing to hide, now 'Good Day Officer'.  Or, if I have nothing to hide then you (the cop) certainly should not have anythiing to hide - so let's either swap driver's licenses and I will rummage through your gun closet and your wife's underwear drawer, or you can go back to your coffee and donuts. 

By the way - does anyone know why police, whether off-duty or not, refuse to be questioned by the citizenry??  Anyone ever encounter one at the range who refuses to follow range commands, show his id when challenged or produce a valid license for his handgun?  Mikey.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 01:27:45 AM »
rex6666 ,
Well call me old fashioned but why do they RECORD my VISA card # ? its not one of their cards . I have been in business fo 18 years and i don't have a need to keep that imformation .

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 07:34:37 AM »
I am only 60 years old and don't have all the answers. I get mail addressed to me from stores
that i have never shopped in, when i go to Lowes or Home depot they ask me the same questions
as you. That is why if you pay cash and answer no questions, they have no history on you.
I have been stopped by the police in several cities and states, only time i have been detained
is when i should have been, since i quit drinking about 11 years ago, i have been stopped twice for speeding on both occasions I ask if they would like to search my vehicle, kind throws them off,
when they know you don't mind. I know a couple of policemen that i call friends, that 11 years
ago i would not. I have come to understand that most of the time the only time they are called is
when their is a problem, very seldom is it "come over we are having a party" or here let me buy you
a cup of coffee. Some of these get bad attitudes, some are trying to get noticed by superiors.
Rex

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 07:53:24 AM »
when i was in high school ( Rex Ya got me by 7 years ) i was stopped and asked if they could search my van . i refused and they got a warrant and opened the back doors to an empty van . The Sarg. that delivered the paper work went to church with me . He asked what i did and the cop that pulled me said well it is a van and he refused ! The sarg. said well its his right and you had no cause hope he dosen't sue you and the county .  I will never allow my vehicle to be searched with out paperwork showing cause . Yes I know in some cases they will search anyway .

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 08:15:52 AM »
I don't disagree with you Shootall, it would depend on the officer to me and what i was
doing, if he ask if i mind if he searches, i will probably say go ahead, if hes says he is going to, he will need paper. I think that a cop with any time on the job can tell who he is talking too. Some
take their job way too serious, and i know we seem to have more and more crazies now.
So that kinda puts a cop between a rock and a hard place. I don't remember just how it went back in the 60's but some thing like when the Hippies were calling the cops pigs and much worse,
the cops said if you don't like the cops, next time you are in trouble call a hippy ;D
Rex

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 08:49:27 AM »
THAT'S A GOOD ONE !

but if we don't use our rights they will soon be forgotten !

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 09:07:09 AM »
I like this thread!   ;D  Y'all keep debating and get some new blood in here!  I loooooove seeing how people reason!   ;)
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2008, 10:06:43 AM »
we like it when you add the leagal point of view !
by the way are we reasonable ?

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2008, 10:47:32 AM »
by the way are we reasonable ?

Ah my friend, you are asking me for my opinion of what's reasonable!   :D  Since legalities haven't entered into this discussion, and I seldom state my personal opinions, I think that everyone is being reasonable in their own eyes!   ::)  It's just interesting to see the range from "the Govt is my friend and would never deprive me of my rights" through "Some things are good, some things are bad and attitudes change," to "The Republic is falling and you're letting them do it!"  Okay, I'll admit I'm more inclined toward the latter viewpoint modified by the "give them the benefit of the doubt but keep an eye on them" view of the center.  But again, that's just my personal opinion and I would never say that anybody was completely off base and out in left field.  But TM, DON"T get me on the "Patriot Act!"
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 11:22:26 AM »
I try very hard anymore to give every one a chance to screw up, or not to screw up.
It seems to me that some just wake up in the mourning looking for some one
that is going to screw them over, and they search all day, if someone doesn't at least
try to screw them it is a bad day. ;D
Rex

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 02:33:57 AM »
IMO, folks that are making commitments or entering contracts or accepting responsibilities don't play enough "what ifs".  If a fellow will hope for the best but expect the worst, he would be a hell of a lot better off. 
Cops and politicians and bosses don't always have your best interest at heart. Perhaps now, but what about later.  Lawyers (tee hee) do not always seek truth and light.  That is to say, truth and light is not an absolute but rather a perspective.  :D

.... and while the sun and moon endure,
lucks a chance but troubles sure.
I'd face it as a wise man would,
and train for ill and not for good....
                             with apologies to a.e.houseman