Author Topic: Knight Disc Extreme 'Conversion' Worth It ??  (Read 1018 times)

Offline 1sourdough

• Trade Count: (7)
Knight Disc Extreme 'Conversion' Worth It ??
« on: July 08, 2008, 08:15:31 AM »
 I have 2 of the older Knight disc rifles & I newer Disc Extreme Knight.  My disc extreme is still NIB. I have been thinking about doing the conversion to use the red discs in my older Knight. My only experience shooting the extreme has been helping a partner do initial sight-in. I have been happy with & do have about 100+ of the orange discs & shoot deer every year with my M-L, close to every year anyway. It's not even for any added moisture protection but the red seems to seal the primer very well & contain the primer charge better. I am fine in a little snow & doubt I'll be out in pouring rain much.

For the $95 is it worth it to convert to the red 'extreme' disc system? Has anyone done it & what do you think? As I read this I seem to be answering myself, & just stick to my current methods. I expect an IL deer hunt this Fall & am trying to do all I can to be ready,  thanks.
NRA, Veteran

Offline Simpleman96

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Knight Disc Extreme 'Conversion' Worth It ??
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 04:39:53 PM »
Many would say the conversion is not worth it as the orange disc had less blowback. You can find the conversion kits for around 60 bucks though.