Author Topic: Pardner pump protector  (Read 516 times)

Offline jw83

• Trade Count: (5)
Pardner pump protector
« on: July 10, 2008, 05:06:04 PM »
Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with the pardner pump protector shotguns. Any info at all would help thanks.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: Pardner pump protector
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 12:09:51 AM »
I have a Pardner Pump 12ga.  It handles and shoots fine.  I still have to order the Protector barrel for it.  The only real notable fact I know....On the earlier models, they DID NOT come drilled and tapped.  The newer models are drilled and tapped for a scope or you could put sights on them.  I think they are a pretty good buy for the money.  I have seen a few come through on the used rack at Gander Mtn.  If you're not in a rush, you could save a few bucks.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 03:32:57 AM »
I have one and I am very happy with it. At under $200 it makes a pretty affordable knock around pumpgun.The short barrel and plastic stock make it look a lot lighter than it actually is. It so far has proven to be a tough ,accurate and versitle shotgun, and will shoot buck shot and foster slugs with the best of em .It  operated ok with no hang ups and recoil was ,tho stout  quite manageable. Yes ,it is drilled and tapped for a scope mount. The only minor faults I found at first was that the action was rather stiff and a bit rough but with use and some well placed lubrication it is smoothing out ok.It will be a very formidable home defense gun.
   One last thing, it is chambered for 3 in. but I only use 2 3/4 . With the 2 3/4 if you load 1 in the pipe it is capable of holding 6 rnds. Mine will be tested in the deer woods this fall ,it should be just the ticket for the thick cover in many of the areas I hunt.

PS. When fired the action will unlock and the bolt will begin it's rearward travel  just like the Winchester pumps.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 03:50:47 AM »
One thing that bothers some folks is that it's made in China and for not much more $ there are USA Made alternatives. Why buy an 870 clone when the real thing isn't that much more? I buy chinese stuff all the time and know that not to buy it is nearly impossible but when there is a good US made alternative for a reasonable price I'm gonna help feed my neighbors family 1st.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun