Author Topic: #11 Caps  (Read 660 times)

Offline tn_junk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
  • Look to Him
#11 Caps
« on: July 06, 2008, 08:50:19 AM »
Headed to the range today to shoot my new .32 Crockett, and play with some new cast projectiles in my .45 Kentucky.
Stopped by WallyWorld to pick up some #11 caps. No Luck-
Dick's Sporting goods was next. First guy I asked (I think he was a manager type person) said that he didn't think they made caps that big. Asked what team I wanted. Second guy I asked, in the gun department, asked me if they weren't the same thing as 209's.
BassPro next. Didn't have any in stock. Maybe closer to hunting season the guy said. At least he knew what they were.
So, no shooting today.

alan
Common Sense Ain't Very Common

Deceased May 20, 2009.  RIP Alan we miss you.

Offline huntnut

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Re: #11 Caps
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 03:55:56 PM »
Don't you like trying to find stuff like that and the people at those place loo at you like your talking Japanies or something.
AIM SMALL MISS SMALL 1 SHOT 1 KILL

Offline pab1

• Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 04:17:08 PM »
It's sad there are so few knowledgable people working in these positions. I hate to imagine how many people that don't know better, take bad advise, then can't figure out what they are doing wrong at the range. I heard a salesman telling a customer that the set trigger on a muzzleloader was a back-up, in case the first one breaks.
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. "
Thomas Paine

Offline longcaribiner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 03:46:46 AM »
In a pinch, for guns with weaker springs on the hammers, those little red plastic cup caps for toy cap guns will work.  Sometimes they come in a strip sometimes in a circle.  I've used them in a pinch on one of my revolvers and an Italian hawken I have.  If the hammer spring is too strong it will just mash the plastic down into the nipple. 

Such things are the reason why I have purchased in bulk.  Not a tin of 100 caps, but a roll of ten tins at a time.  I still have several tins of caps, from purchases a few years back.   Back when I competed and practiced alot, I'd go through a thousand caps a year.    Now I may only shoot a couple hundred shots a year. 

Offline Fred Ford

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 02:13:57 AM »
Dixion's gun fair this  weekend, has enough caps, at very fair prices, for all you needs.
If you know anybody going to Friendship, Indianna in the fall, you can get a lifetime supply of caps, for a fair price.
That really is the only way to get your caps.
When you buy a roll of ten cans(100 to a can)you pay 1/2 price compared to store prices when you can find them.
So find somebody in your area who will attend another event at Dixion's, or the NMLRA shoot at Friendship, Indianna.
Best Regards
F.F.
Never Surrender, take a few with you!