Author Topic: wow quite a scare!  (Read 2859 times)

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
Re: wow quite a scare!
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 03:31:27 AM »
indydave  was to be checked out this week, now it is Friday and no indydave report.  Hope he is doing well where ever he is.  Larry

A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2008, 06:20:12 PM »
indydave:  Talk to us buddy, are you dead? Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

Offline indydave

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2008, 05:31:09 PM »
wow      well i am doing great    i do not feel any different    we went to kings island and i rode a bunch of stuff   (with dr's blessing)     i am ok now    still in trouble for faking the heart attack after  sex with the wife ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)   before the stent procedure  LOL but it was PRETTY GOOD   lol  dr EVEN THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY     yea i know she should have killed me  ::) ::)   but i still get the giggles when i think about that stunt ;D ;D ;D ;D     ALL in alll   i am good   i go back to the dr on tues so we will see

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2008, 05:41:01 PM »
Just glad your still able to joke , Mama may not be but thats for you to deal with .  :D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Stan in SC

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2008, 02:58:06 AM »
June 12th. I had four bypasses and an arterial repair.I got out of the hospital June 20th.Been home for four weeks or so and feeling better every day.I will not be able to shoot heavy recoiling stuff for a good while.I'm walking a lot.Did a mile a day for three days last week.Day four I could only do a little over half a mile.Rested the next two days.Will try again today to do full mile.

Stan
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70..it's almost a religion.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 07:12:02 AM »
Wow Stan!   :o  Glad you're doing better!
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2008, 07:29:23 AM »
Stan

Just don't push it too hard and cause yourself more problems , find a routine and stick with it till you can increase safely .

Richard
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline FourBee

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2008, 08:05:30 AM »
That's a strong come back there Stan for such an ordeal you went through.  Sounds like you're doing great.  Just don't over-do.

One thing they don't tell us about on the recovery road from a heart attack is "arterial stress".   Feels just like another heart attack coming on.
Enjoy your rights to keep and bear arms.

Offline Stan in SC

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2008, 03:49:27 PM »
FourBee.I didn't have a heart attack.I was just feeling tired and out of breath all the time.I had NO stamina.
After a bunch of tests showed all of the blockages I elected for the surgery now instead of waiting for my wife to take me to the ER at 3AM one morning.The doctor assured me after the surgery that my heart was healthy and strong and in fact abit over sized.I am feeling better every day.On Monday the surgeon being satisfied with my healing progress dismissed me and okayed automobile driving.
Now I start 12 weeks of physical rehab.I walked another mile today.Easiest one yet.

Stan
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70..it's almost a religion.

Offline RWK

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2008, 04:57:42 PM »
Folks it seems that a bunch of us in the 60's have had problems, me triple bypass the one of the bypasses pluged up in 2 years. In Feb i finished 42 radaition threatments for prostate cancer. I guess what i'm trying to say get checked prostate simple blood test, heart EKG and ladies get a mamagram. When i was going for prostrate treatments about 52 % were woman, Lets get healthy and stick around this site for a lot more years. Rich