Author Topic: Frames to Frame Accuracy?  (Read 419 times)

Offline Capt Gary

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
Frames to Frame Accuracy?
« on: July 23, 2008, 05:52:42 AM »
Has anyone had any experience with changing barrels from frame to frame and the accuracy being affected?

Offline Keith L

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Frames to Frame Accuracy?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 08:01:52 AM »
I do it all the time with my Contenders and have no problem.  I can't speak for Encores.  I do know some who have nothing but trouble with changing anything with both Contenders and with Encores, but I haven't seen it.  I am fussy about tight groups and point of impact, too.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."  Benjamin Franklin

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
Re: Frames to Frame Accuracy?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 08:48:26 AM »
Consistency rules precision, and since most of my TC shooting has been very small targets at very long ranges, consistency is mandartory.   What has always worked best with TC classic frames for the best consistency was to fit barrels to frames and then only use them on the frame they are fitted to.   Was easy to do in the old classic Contender days when TC made several sizes of split locking bolts that could be changed around and re-paired for a pefect lock up and head spacing of a barrel to a particular frame.   Allowed you to make up for uneven wear (if any) both on the breech block and hinge pin hole in a frame and get everything squared up and even again.   When the last generation of the easy open frames with the replaceable breech block started I think TC went to one size fits all locking bolts, but I am not sure about that.    I only have one of that vintage frame and it was tuned from my supply of older locking bolts.   Even though I was among the first to get an Encore frame, and did have 6 of them in short order, I got back out of Encores so soon after that I never dealth with tuning those frames.    Same with the G2 frames which I have never owned.

Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus