Author Topic: From PF9 to P95  (Read 534 times)

Offline nodlenor

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
From PF9 to P95
« on: July 28, 2008, 05:36:31 PM »
I sold my Kel-Tec PF9 and bought a Ruger P95. It may not conceal as easy but it sure does shoot better.
Self government without self discipline will not work; Paul Harvey

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: From PF9 to P95
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 05:15:27 AM »
Yep, big gun= good shooter for the range. Small gun= carry gun, small, light, powerful. Both work well for their designed purpose. Neither one works great for both purposes. Obvious answer: you need both!!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline nodlenor

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 04:31:37 PM »
Oh no, now you tell me!

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 06:37:54 AM »
Nodlenor, I'd be interested in knowing just how good the PF9 did shoot.  I know that small and light of a gun is more difficult to get good groups with, but how did you feel about the accuracy of it?  I won't keep a gun that I can't head shoot a bunny at 15 yds with!  Reguardless of whether it is a 'CCW' weapon or not.  It it can't hit, it doesn't stay.  I'm thinking hard about a PF9.  Thanks.  44 Man.
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline Savage

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 03:00:46 PM »
.44 Man,
Don't know how big your bunnies are, but the PF9 shoots well enough to make 15yd head shots on USPSA/IDPA targets with a little pratice. If you need more accuracy than that in a carry gun, better stick with the larger ones.
Savage

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 03:09:01 PM »
I shot mine for the first time today other than a couple function shots while turkey hunting, 14 shot at 7yds, the first three were getting used to the 2-breath trigger, 2 just made it on the paper, one off, group is 3¼"x 2", I love it!!

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline nodlenor

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 03:55:26 AM »
I guess everyone has their own opinion but I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with mine. The trigger was the worst I've ever encountered on a firearm. It pulled very hard and the pull was longer than the distance to the target. On a larger pistol the trigger pull might not have effected it so much but on a small pistol like that one it made a lot of difference. I'm not a great shot with a pistol but I've got several other pistols that I have no trouble hitting a 6" target at 7 yds.

Offline Savage

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 04:46:31 AM »
The trigger on the PF9 is a long sucker! The basics of marksmanship really come into play shooting a pistol of this type. Snapcaps and a lot of perfect pratice is the key. Usually a good DA revolver shooter shoots these little guns well pretty quickly. Even the P3AT is capable of really good accuracy, if the shooter is up to it. The PF9 is easier to learn to shoot well due to it's larger size. I like the long pull trigger for a pocket pistol. Naturally I shoot a service size pistol better than a pocket gun, but I'm much too lazy to carry one.  ;D
Savage